Repairs and ovary choices | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Repairs and ovary choices Repairs and ovary choices

Unread 10-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Repairs and ovary choices

I am going to meet with Dr on Wednesday about maybe doing a bladder sling or something while he is in there. Got the idea from ladies here. Didn't really know that they could stop the "sneeze, leak" thing. Also second guessing my choice to keep my ovaries. If I am still going to have all of my horrible PMS symptoms I am not sure I want to keep them. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Re: Repairs and ovary choices

Discuss your concerns with your doctor. There are general health issues to consider, as well as general quality of life. Your doctor can help you sort through all of this.

Unread 10-23-2012, 08:07 PM

Yeah, I wasn't terribly excited about keeping my PMS either. On the other hand, I've read some of the issues experienced by those who have to go on HRT, and I'd much rather deal with my PMS.

My doctor explained that given my age, the benefits of keeping my ovaries outweighed any risk associated with keeping them. (I'll be 40 next month.) Talk things over with your doctor. As has been said elsewhere, you can always go back and remove them if you have problems down the line, but once they're gone, they're gone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2012, 08:29 PM

I am sure that keeping them is the best, but right now my breasts feel like they are going to explode and my tummy is angry. Once my PMS has subsided I will feel differently.
Unread 10-23-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2Bhealthy View Post
I am sure that keeping them is the best, but right now my breasts feel like they are going to explode and my tummy is angry. Once my PMS has subsided I will feel differently.
I had my first post-op appointment yesterday. I had asked my doctor what to expect regarding my cycle, whether it would stay on track, or if the surgery would change it. Needless to say when I took my shower this morning, I had a "hello girls!" moment. So I'd say it's safe to say, that the surgery had NO effect on the timing of my menstrual cycle.

I'm not small chested without the added PMS boob bloat. You have my sympathies!
Unread 10-23-2012, 09:06 PM

Yah. My boobs put me up 2sizes in shirts, so I get ya there. Booooo to the keeping the PMS stuff.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register