New here and need advice please | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New here and need advice please New here and need advice please

Unread 10-08-2005, 03:26 PM
New here and need advice please

Hello all,
I am so happy I found this site today. I am 24 and had a hysterectomy on Aug 26th. In May I had my right ovary removed and then they realized that my pain was not getting any better and decided to do the full hyst. I had it done abdominally. My incision was opened about 3 weeks ago because it was "oozing". My husband has been packing it with gauze every day twice a day. It is healing really well but today I am in alot of pain and more oozing. It isnt nearly as deep as it was but I am worried fluid is stuck under where it has healed. I am not sure if anyone has ever heard of this being done but if there are any suggestions I am all ears. I am getting so down about this. It has been almost 6 weeks and I still hurt so bad. I am so embarassed to go back to the ER. I was in there so much prior to the surgery for help with pain. My 2 kids have gotten to the point that they ask me every day "are you feeling better yet" It just kills me to hear them ask all the time I feel so bad.

Thanks in advance for the help. I am very happy to have stumbled across this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2005, 03:54 PM

That doesn't sound normal for 6 weeks of healing. Please consider asking your family practitioner or gyno to re-evaluate your incision and be sure there isn't a bacterial infection.

I am sorry that you are in so much pain and that you are having to many problems. I have never gone through this personally but would hate to see you go through any more pain. Even if you have asked your doctor alot of ??'s or have gone to the ER alot, don't be intimidated to go back or to talk to your doctor again.

You want to be sure that you are okay and that you aren't developing an infection. If you don't take care of yourself, then no one else will be able to.

I hope that you get the help you need.
Mustang30
Unread 10-08-2005, 05:42 PM

Thanks I appreciate it. I will for sure call or go in. I appreciate the comments. :0)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2005, 05:46 PM

I also had draining from my abdominal incision. It was a yellow fluid. The doctor said it was not infected and that it sometimes happens. I also had to keep it open in order to heal from the inside out. They said to call immediately if I saw pus or had a fever. It really leaked a lot for several days (I taped a kotex up against it with paper tape). It gradually quit leaking and healed fine. I'm sorry your incision has been a problem for so long. I wouldn't put off calling the doctor if you are in a lot of pain or if there is a possibility of infection. I hope you heal soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register