Abdominal vs. down under and swelly belly | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abdominal vs. down under and swelly belly Abdominal vs. down under and swelly belly

Unread 02-14-2003, 08:45 PM
Abdominal vs. down under and swelly belly

I'm having a vaginal hysterectomy next Thurs. the 20th. I have been readin the posts and since i'm already worried about the weight I will gain not being able to exercise for four weeks the swollen belly ones have me worried as well.
Does that happen with either type of surgery or only the abdominal one? I usually wear very loose clothes around the house anyway but if I go out anywhere most of my pants are fairly snug. I realize this should be the least of my worries and actually it is but I try to not dwell on the others.
trish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2003, 08:55 PM

Swelly belly won't be hugely noticeable to anyone but yourself usually. I was fine until I zipped up my pants when I wanted to go to the movies at night. After the lights went out I unzipped my pants a little and pulled my shirt over it. Oh so much better.

I did gain weight because I couldn't exercise for a long time but once I got back into it all is well! I had gained for the year before because I couldn't exercise so all in all for me, what was a few more pounds. I've lost 18 pounds since my surgery! yahoo! Be sure to start walking the next day and keep it up. Walking a little more each day will help a LOT. For me, the walking kept me active enough to not totally give up. It was always on my mind that I would need to exercise again.

Blessings,
TC
Unread 02-15-2003, 09:33 AM

Hi, I didn't gain any weight after my surgery ( actually lost a few pounds) . Now at 6 months post op, I'm about the same as I was before my hyst.
Nobody but myself really noticed my swelly belly. It was uncomfortable wearing snug clothes for a while. I bought a couple pair of stretch jeans and leggings, I still wear them because they're sooo comfortable but I can wear my pre op clothes now as well.
Best wishes for your surgery and recovery. Please keep us posted on how you're doing as you can.
S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2003, 12:39 PM
clothes fit after TVH

I didn't have any problems with my clothes after surgery. I'd lost about 10 pounds after surgery. Now, seven weeks later, I'm back to my pre op weight.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register