Saddle discomfort | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Road Bike Enthusiasts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Saddle discomfort Saddle discomfort

Unread 02-06-2016, 06:31 AM
Saddle discomfort

Got cleared for "all activity" at my 6 week checkup, so was thrilled to get back on the bike (I had been riding daily prior to surgery). I had ridden spin bike a few times prior to checkup and did okay. I have been having saddle issues for a couple of years now. After completely wearing out my Douglas carbon saddle, which is no longer made, I bought a bontrager...then another douglas...then put on a fizik wingflex that I found at Goodwill. That seemed to be the ticket for a while. The hide was wearing on that, so before surgery, I purchased another wingflex (different model). I swapped a week before approved for riding and found out the other wingflex was broken in half, held together by the rails. Good thing I bought a new one! anyhow, after 3 days of riding, I have no love for the new saddle. I repositioned it after the first day and it seemed a little better, but was so sore that I decided to continue driving to work the rest of the week. Will give it another try today (saturday), but I am kind of dreading it. I know saddles are different for everyone, but any recommendations out there? My doc uses a Cobb...geez, this is getting expensive!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2016, 07:51 PM
Re: Saddle discomfort

I ended up buying the Cobb Randee, it has a 60 day money back guarantee. I don't love it yet, but was able to get 80 miles on it today after 50 yesterday, so o guess it's not all bad. Wish it was a little lower profile. I am beginning to think age has changed my shape down there too much. I am going to work on tightening gluts even more than I already do. Sigh....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register