Upcoming hysterectomy 10/27: "Farewell Aunt Flo" Party! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 10/27: "Farewell Aunt Flo" Party! Upcoming hysterectomy 10/27: "Farewell Aunt Flo" Party!

Unread 10-20-2017, 07:21 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 10/27: "Farewell Aunt Flo" Party!

Hi

Anyone else thinking of or having a Hysterectomy party to say farewell?

I booked my full hysterectomy 6 weeks ago and since then have been coming up with all these weird and wonderful ideas about having a party to celebrate with all my girlfriends! (Any excuse eh!!) I set up a Facebook event for the Thursday before my op (next Saturday) and suddenly it's all creeping up on me!!! Think my initial idea was making me think of something else apart from the ACTUAL event itself ;-p

So here I am doing my online Tesco order, but instead my mind is wandering (again!) and I'm thinking about what to order for my forthcoming "Farewell Aunt Flo" Party. I got the initial idea from Pinterest (my new favourite social media site )

So FOOD/DRINK ........ I'm going to do 'red' coloured cocktails (Kia Royale and Woo Woos) so ordered ingredients for them. I'm only doing nibbles but wanted to label with foods with comical 'medical' related names! Any suggestions?? Saw someone who had done raw vegetables and dips and put a label saying "Veg-jay-jays: .... but I'm now stuck and googled with no joy ;-(

GAMES ...... now this is my favourite! I've ordered a piñata in the shape of a red heart which I'm going to connect some wire to the side and balloons to make it look like a uterus. I've bought red foil wrapped chocolates to put in there, plus key-rings with Wonder Woman on, wine glass charms and more chocolate! Wanted to put mini spirit bottles in there, but worried they will smash?!?

I have also bought a load of cheap press-on towels and we are all going to make slippers (like you get at a spa) - another credit to Pinterest!

I'm in the midst of drawing a giant uterus on card and going to play some sort of 'pin the tail' game. Either "place the tampon in the vagina" ..... although not sure how that's going to work with sticking them on? May be better to do "Pin the ovary on the Fallopian tube? What do you think?

Was going to do some sort of egg and spoon race too (egg making its way to the uterus) but can't really think how that would actually work. It's an evening party and in true UK weather, imagine we will be inside!!

Anyone else held a party too ... or it is just me? Seen a few posts but look like they are from a good few years ago now.

All suggestions gratefully received ...... and will keep my mind busy instead of anxious ;-)

thanks all .... that was a long post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2017, 12:31 PM
Re: "Farewell Aunt Flo" Party!

Wow! I love this and I love the positive way you're approaching your Surgery! I too will be doing a happy dance (eventually lol) to say goodbye to my horrible periods. Well there's definitely lots of red drinks you could do. As for food, stuffed red bell peppers might be cute. Also, cupcakes with a 1/2 strawberry and redhots for the tubes might be cute. Cookies with strawberry jam? Like all the games and the piñata idea. You can also put a few drops of different food colors on the end of tampons so they "open up" and make a "flower" bouquet. And of course the cake with the saying "I've got 99 problems but a uterus ain't 1" would be great! Good luck on everything!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register