I am a mess: surgery 5/31 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am a mess: surgery 5/31 I am a mess: surgery 5/31

Unread 03-31-2012, 06:36 PM
Re: I am a mess

Hi, there it is scarry at any age, I too feared the whole mess, but when it was over I didnt even know it was done, we have lots of prayers for you and beliving everything will go fine, this site is great for comfort, support and stressing, for me I was glad to get rid of that beast growing on my uterous, and you will feel better once its gone lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2012, 08:59 PM

New fears. I forget if I have summarized lately so I guess I will now. I am 62 (almost 63). I have a couple fibroids and one is the size of grapefruit I am told. I went for a biopsy (the straw thing. Cervix was closed tight. Went home and placed a Fluconazole tablet in vagina and went back next day for another try. Didn't look like she would get in but kept trying and trying and trying. I think she even used some scissors, is that possible? Finally got in but apparently not enough because the biopsy came back saying no tissue to test. That was two days after biopsy attempt. Also two days after the attempt I starting bleeding (very clotty and stringy). It stoped pretty quickly. That was yesterday. Today I had another spell of the same thing with bleeding. It also stopped. What is going on? It is scaring me terribly. Prior to all this I just had a little menopausal spotting. Are you sure I am going to make it thru this. I am so filled with anxiety !!
Unread 03-31-2012, 09:44 PM

NotBrave, First of all Breathe! You will get through this! The waiting is absolutely the hardest part. The surgery and recovery will be tough at first, but not nearly as bad as the pre-op fears and emotions.

I lost my mother to ovarian cancer in 2008. Since then I have been very proactive about my health, having regular pelvic ultrasounds, CA125 and other cancer marker tests. In January my GYN/ONC found three (yes three!!) masses that had not been there the previous year, one in my cervix, one in my ovary and one in my uterus. I am post menopausal also so the decision was easy for me. I totally understand where you are coming from because I too am a worrier. I was terrified that I had cancer. I cried constantly and I'm sure I drove everyone crazy! My DH was so patient and loving which just made me feel worse for putting him through it all.

I had my DvH in February and I'm happy to say that my path report was all clear. It was such a huge relief! The surgery went really well and the recovery has been difficult but not nearly as bad as the waiting. For the first three weeks after surgery my emotions were all over the place, but now I am feeling much better. Like sugarandspice, I had some thoughts about "I went through all of this and didn't have Cancer?", but I know it was the right decision because it will give me tremendous peace of mind. My biggest problems have been constipation, fatigue and insomnia. I am 6 weeks post-op and I
am feeling pretty good. I get tired easily and have to slow down and rest, but am pretty much back to normal activity.

I'm glad you found this site. I found it the day after my doctor told me I needed surgery and it has been a life saver for me. We are all here for you and we will help you through this every step of the way. It's so comforting to know there are so many sisters who know exactly how I feel. Take care and keep us posted.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2012, 09:53 PM

Notbrave, I suggest your call your about the bleeding. If it gets really heavy (filling a pad in an hour) you should go to emergency. I know that type of unusual bleeding is unsettling but try not to worry too much at this point. Do you have a date for your hyster? Make sure you're descriptive when you tell your doctor, s/he may decide to prioritize your surgery.

honey
Unread 04-01-2012, 07:46 PM

I agree with sugarandspice - please call your doctor on the bleeding. I think it is important for them to know...

And, yes you will make it through this. I know it is SO overwhelming right now, and so scary. Take loads of deep breaths. Don't get ahead of your diagnosis. We are here for you. Please get on and post your concerns, your fears, your emotions. It really does help. There are a whole bunch of women on this site who know where you are, and understand what you are going through.

Super gentle (((hugs)))
Unread 04-01-2012, 08:15 PM

My dear sister, please know that I am praying for you.

hugs..hugs..hugs for you.
Unread 04-03-2012, 08:28 AM

Go morning and thank you for being here. It has really helped. I continue to struggle with this horrible anxiety and I want to cry all the time.

It seems like nothing is going forward. My biopsy did not have any tissue to analize and after getting that news I couldn't even call the doctor because I found out she is out of town until tomorrow. I don't know what she will do next. I have no surgery date and all this limbo is making everything worse.

Is there an end to this? Will I really make it to the other side of surgery?

Is it normal for my GYN to do the hysterectomy? This all started with a grapefruit size fibroid, I am almost 63. Is there anyone my age that has been down a similar path?

Thank you again.
Unread 04-03-2012, 09:31 AM

NotBrave,
I know this seems to be dragging out forever, but you will get through this. It would be very helpful if you could find a distraction to keep your hands and mind busy in the coming weeks. I cleaned out closets, arranged stuff to go to goodwill, and did a lot of organizing. It's a good time to tackle some household projects.

My GYN performed my surgery. I'm very glad he did. I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to do it.

Hang in there, you will get through this!
Unread 04-03-2012, 06:52 PM

I feel so bad for you, what is scarring you. The not knowing, or having surgery. We dont have to be the same age to know what you are going through. I to fear the unknown and for me walking and talking to god has been my best relief it will all be ok, all of it im only 46 and when,they said fibroids I freaked. And after the surgery I freaked. But I look back and well its better. And its behind me now. You know whats really calming magnesium they make a powder called calm I get at health food store and it really works long walks, hot baths and yes lots of projects. Alot of women here if you need to chat. Lol and prayers
Unread 04-03-2012, 07:27 PM

I know it is hard to wait for all of the test to come back. Keeping yourself busy is a good idea. Immerse yourself in work, household activities, take in movies, super clean your house (you can't do that after surgery for a while), do some favorite hobbies, yard work, etc.

This will end eventually, and you will make it through. We are here for you on this side, and we will be here for you on the other side. I just turned 47, and had my hyster at 46. I don't think age matters on this site - we are all sisters and support each other.

(((Hugs)))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register