dVH/RALH ok, 3 1/2 weeks post op and my abdomen is tender~ | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ok, 3 1/2 weeks post op and my abdomen is tender~ ok, 3 1/2 weeks post op and my abdomen is tender~

Unread 02-17-2011, 01:55 PM
ok, 3 1/2 weeks post op and my abdomen is tender~

Ok Sisters,
It's 3 1/2 weeks post op and I've healed relatively well. My main complaint is the awful fatigue!! Anyway, yesterday and today I went shopping and out to lunch with friends. Well, this afternoon I notice that when I touch my abdomen it's tender to the touch. Almost like I was beat up in the stomach. I'm just wondering, is this because I've been on my feet alot and not rested enough? I also have lupus, so this has kind of given me a set back with that. The fatigue is CRAZY!! Any thoughts anyone??
thanks so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Re: ok, 3 1/2 weeks post op and my abdomen is tender~

I also experience the terrible fatigue! (3 weeks po TAH today) I have a hard time "waking up" in the mornings and seem to want to fall asleep during the day if I am not being somewhat active, but when I am somewhat active, I have more fatigue in the evenings! Where's the happy medium?! haha I also have the tender abdomen, sore to the touch but it seems to have gotten a little better over the last few days. I actually started a similar thread regarding this surface pain and tender skin...I also worried that it may not be normal. Sometimes even the elastic of my sweatpants hurts against my belly.
Unread 02-17-2011, 03:15 PM

FlyHigh,
That's interesting that you had the tender abdomen too?!! I just wondered if I've been too active? The fatigue is totally getting me down! I'm a very hyper person and I went to lunch with a friend today and could barely keep my eyes open! No one has really told me the reason for the overwhelming tiredness!! Is it hormonal is it just the stress from the major surgery???? Any thoughts?? Maybe I'm expecting too much! Thanks so much for your response!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2011, 03:41 PM

I don't know the exact reason for the fatigue either. I assume it's just our bodies telling us that we need to rest. I kept my ovaries and I haven't really had any hormonal issues, so I don't know if that would be a factor. It's funny that you said you felt like you got "beat up in the stomach"...I actually told my hubby I felt like someone took a meat tenderizer to mine. I'm glad that it is starting to get better for me and I'm sure your will be better soon also.
Unread 02-17-2011, 04:15 PM

FlyHigh,
I spoke with someone today that had a hysto years ago and she said she was tired for 6 months and another girl I spoke with said she is just now starting to feel "like herself" at 1 year!! Oh NO!!! We hopefully won't have to wait that long! I probably should be trying to take a nap during the day. I have a hard time doing that. It's funny because like at 7pm or so I could nod off!!!
Unread 02-17-2011, 05:03 PM

I too am 3 weeks, after getting up in the morning I'm ready for a nap. Your body uses energuy to heal and when we are active we are using energy, so that's why we get so tired. And it does take 6-12 months to be completely healed. I also have tenderness with the waistband. I wear nightgowns around the house.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register