Surgery in 2 days and im c | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery in 2 days and im c Surgery in 2 days and im c

Unread 09-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Surgery in 2 days and im c

Let me first say that im not a very emotional person. I dont cry easily and i dont cry often. I did shed some tears when i first found out i needed a hysterecty, but i havent since....til now. I dont know whats going on. Im not against having the surgery and i dont think im afraid of having surgery or anything so i understand whats happening. Last night my dh simply said 'your surgery is in a couple of days. Is there anything else we need to pick up at the store before we go?' and i started bawling like a baby. I couldnt even answer him. He kept asking why i was crying but i didnt know. I still dobt. This morning we were laying in bed and he hugged me tight and i started crying again. Can anyone tell me whats going on? Is this a common issue? I feel like im going crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Re: Surgery in 2 days and im c

Me too. I've been in menopause for 3 years and I thought I was totally OK with this, but I've been very teary this week. OK, it's not unusual for me, but still. It's an emotional, stressful time for us.

Good luck with your surgery and please update when you can.

Best wishes!

Nan
Unread 09-06-2010, 04:22 PM

I suspect it is mostly hormones, and pre-surgery stress. The issues that I was having prior to surgery would make me brawl over silly things. This is not my normal state.

It's two days prior to surgery, these kind of reactions can be expected. I think I read a thread earlier, and a woman said she started crying over a M&M commercial. ???

It's almost over. Hang in there!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2010, 04:31 PM

The day before my surgery, I cried about everything. I'm not sure why as I was ok with the surgery, trust my doctor and had plenty of time to prepare. It had to be stress and hormones.

You are almost there. As the above hy-sister has already mentioned, hang in there! I hope your surgery goes well and you have an uneventful recovery.
Unread 09-06-2010, 04:57 PM

Thank you ladies. I feel better knowing this is a somewhat normal thing and that it's not just me. Of course i cried while reading your replies, but out of happiness that i'm not
Unread 09-06-2010, 04:58 PM

...that i'm not crazy. Haha. Thank you all.
Unread 09-06-2010, 05:22 PM

I too get so emotional as well...so glad to see we are not alone in what we are facing or feeling... ((hugs))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register