New hear....and SCARED.... almost 4 months post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New hear....and SCARED.... almost 4 months post-op New hear....and SCARED.... almost 4 months post-op

Unread 03-11-2005, 08:15 PM
New hear....and SCARED.... almost 4 months post-op

Hey Ladies,

I was told about this board by a friend that went through a TYH a couple yrs ago from the same GYN I go to! WOW... what a place!

I am 30yrs old, and had suffered problems with endometriosis, SEVERAL ovarion systs, and pre-cancer cells found 2x now by a cone biopsy! On top of that I have suffered extreme vaginal pain with intercourse for quite some time now! After my most recent calpok/biopsy, my Dr recommended a LAVH. I got a second opinion from my old Dr who had transfered out of state, and he agreed!

Dec 21st was the day I thought would make things all better.... well after 4 months now, I have more vaginal pain, extreme dryness, discharge, and night sweats like no other! My Dr tested my hormones and found my estrogen to be very low (55), and we are waiting on my testosterone & progestoren levels to come back. He wants me to start ERT.... and I don't understand!!!!

I still have my ovaries and hear horror stories about that stuff!

My sex life is at a pinacle low (isn't this supposed to be our prime *LOL*), my emotions are all over, and now my Dr also wants me to go for physical therapy for "Levator Avi Symptom"....??

Any words of wisdom would be SO APPRECIATED here.... please excuse my emotional ranting here..... I guess I am more overwhelmed than thought

Hugz to all ~ Meg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2005, 08:20 PM

Meg,

I sure don't have any advice for you but I do understand your frustration... sending you comfort and peace.

Namaste~dohdee
Unread 03-11-2005, 09:37 PM

I have read some things that some of the other sisters posted about ovaries. It seems that some times they do not work right for a while after surgery, and kind of need a jump start from the HRT. Or at least that is the way I have understood it.

Hope this helps a little.

Feel better soon.

Martha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2005, 09:49 PM

Hi, hun... I'm 30 also and I'm 4 weeks out from TAH/BSO. I'm on HRT and it's not been bad. I'd rather be on this than have the issues that I'd risk off of it. I'll only be on HRT for about 4 years, then we'll start to ween off... I may go to herbal sources for estrogen also. I agree with the above post, sometimes our little bits may have a hard time waking up post-op (I had this problem post c-section for about 2 months).

Some things to ask your doc about:

Progesterone creams... They help with the vaginal dryness and can help to revert the atrophy, the progesterone isn't taken directly into the blood stream (most of it is absorbed by the vaginal tissues), so isn't a factor in that way

Black Kohosh... Helps to prevent hot flashes/night sweats, can be found at healthfood stores

Soy/tofu... Also a source of estrogen, can usually be found at a regular grocery store, if not it's off to the healthfood store

I hope that this helps a little... Remember to ask the doc before trying any of the herbal/diet based estrogen sources.

Stay Strong and Heal Well!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register