HELP!! constipation | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HELP!! constipation HELP!! constipation

Unread 10-31-2010, 08:30 AM
HELP!! constipation

I have been dealing with this issue for about five years. I'm lucky if I have a bm 1-2 times a week. Now I know due to enlarged uterius and fibriods that's what causing it. 3 weeks ago my dr started me on 195 mg of iron and benifiber. Ikve been taking 2 tsp twise aday and today I'm adding 2 more tsp. I'm also eating 4 prunes aday. It's not working. She doesn't want me to take laxatives. I have 3 mths before my lavh, I want to get this under control before surgery. Is there any food I can had to my diet? Is the fiber binding me up (I drink tons of water) I have not had a bm in 5 days. Before I call my dr thought I would check here first. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2010, 08:49 AM
Re: HELP!! constipation

I was having the same problem, and I started taking Docusate Sodium, 100 mg. They have made all the difference, things are "moving along" just fine, lol! Ask you Dr. if you can take that. It's a stool softener, not a laxative. My surgery is scheduled for November 10th, so it's getting close. I'm looking forward to it, getting rid of these big old fibroids!! Good luck!!
Unread 10-31-2010, 11:55 AM

I take Docusate Sodium also. One pill in the morning and 2 at night. And 3-4 (I just had a typo and wrote "34" lol) prunes a day. Also apples, grapes, lots of water, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2010, 12:06 PM

I have the same problem and take Docusate Sodium works like a charm. I also made a morning smoothie sometimes and put 1/4 cup of AllBran Buds with psyllium fibre in it. I think its the psyllium that is supposed to help with regularity.
Unread 10-31-2010, 12:21 PM

Eating Activia daily in addition to a few prunes helped me while I was dealing with a rectocele.
Unread 10-31-2010, 01:25 PM

I 've seen this on site a lot. What is rectocele? And thanks for advise, it's not good not being able to do the deed. It makes me mad my hubby goes 1-2 a day. LOL
Unread 10-31-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy46 View Post
I 've seen this on site a lot. What is rectocele? And thanks for advise, it's not good not being able to do the deed. It makes me mad my hubby goes 1-2 a day. LOL
A rectocele is a prolapse of the rectum. https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_pelvicfloor.htm
Unread 11-12-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy46 View Post
I have been dealing with this issue for about five years. I'm lucky if I have a bm 1-2 times a week. Now I know due to enlarged uterius and fibriods that's what causing it. 3 weeks ago my dr started me on 195 mg of iron and benifiber. Ikve been taking 2 tsp twise aday and today I'm adding 2 more tsp. I'm also eating 4 prunes aday. It's not working. She doesn't want me to take laxatives. I have 3 mths before my lavh, I want to get this under control before surgery. Is there any food I can had to my diet? Is the fiber binding me up (I drink tons of water) I have not had a bm in 5 days. Before I call my dr thought I would check here first. Thank you
Eating one-third cup of organic whole grain brown rice (rice with only the husk removed) daily works for me. TMI warning...but I have to say that it really cleans you out and makes BMs easier to pass.

I eat Lunberg organic brown rice. I have found that the run-of-the-mill brands (Uncle Bens, Success Rice etc.) don't have the same effect. It may be that those brands are not whole grain with only the husk removed from the rice kernels. All the best!
Unread 11-12-2010, 07:15 PM

Iron can make you consipated!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register