Pain, crying and a bit of depression after surgery on 10/1 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain, crying and a bit of depression after surgery on 10/1 Pain, crying and a bit of depression after surgery on 10/1

Unread 10-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Re: Pain, crying and a bit of depression after surgery on 10/1

Petname - were you able to see doctor? Or was this only a nurse visit? I think you need to talk o doctor. It may have been a good thing but everyone reacts differently and no one has the right to tell you how you should feel. Your hormones are all wacky you have been through a lot in such a short amount of time. You can feel depressed. It's ok. But if you feel that badly doc May put you on antidepressants. But talk to doc and mention all concerns including how the nurse brushed you off.

As for sleeping on tummy I noticed I am doing the same. Other than a slight stretching sensation it's been ok though I don't stay that way long. I have myself cocooned in my pillows. I sleep semi tummy now hat I have pillow between legs then One at my back and of course my head. It's very logistical. Lol. And takes a bit to get it right as I am up several times to wee Lol. Glad your on the mend though. Feel better!! Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atblount View Post
Petname - were you able to see doctor? Or was this only a nurse visit? I think you need to talk o doctor. It may have been a good thing but everyone reacts differently and no one has the right to tell you how you should feel. Your hormones are all wacky you have been through a lot in such a short amount of time. You can feel depressed. It's ok. But if you feel that badly doc May put you on antidepressants. But talk to doc and mention all concerns including how the nurse brushed you off.

As for sleeping on tummy I noticed I am doing the same. Other than a slight stretching sensation it's been ok though I don't stay that way long. I have myself cocooned in my pillows. I sleep semi tummy now hat I have pillow between legs then One at my back and of course my head. It's very logistical. Lol. And takes a bit to get it right as I am up several times to wee Lol. Glad your on the mend though. Feel better!! Hugs
I saw the nurse first and she took my bandages off. When the doctor came in I asked if everything was taken out and he bluntly said, Yes, everything was taken out, and then just looked at my stomach. I did mention to him that I might as well just sit in the bathroom all day and never come out because I wee so much. I get up also about 4 times during the night. He said that was because I was flushed with so much liquid and it will take a while to come out of the tissues in my body and I should have noticed that I gained weight after the surgery which I did notice. I am going to speak to my primary doctor and I am sure she will give me something for my depression. I am sure she will be more compassionate because when I went for my ultrasounds before she sent me to a gynocologist and one was a vaginial one she was very sympathetic for me. The doctor who is the oncologist did not seemed to concerned about how I felt. I could not believe when I went for the visit that there had to be no less than 30 women in that waiting room and I think there were only 2 doctors there that day. When most of them came in they asked for my doctor so I guess he was rushed. The first time I saw him I was the only one in the office that day.
Unread 10-18-2012, 04:51 PM

Hmm. I hate that. They forget to be compassionate sometimes. I am sorry you have such a boob. Hopefully your pcp will sympathize. I hope you feel ętre soon. Make sure to drink a lot. Try to stay away from caffeine and you might not have to pee so much at night. I noticed I had an aversion to my wonderful cup of coffee right after my surgery but now I can get in one that triggers the productive bathroom visit. The rest of the day I drink water and now green tea wih ginger for anti inflammatory and black cherry juice (I don't care for it) for antioxidant properties. Trying to find natural ways to get swelling down energy up and optimal healing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atblount View Post
Hmm. I hate that. They forget to be compassionate sometimes. I am sorry you have such a boob. Hopefully your pcp will sympathize. I hope you feel ętre soon. Make sure to drink a lot. Try to stay away from caffeine and you might not have to pee so much at night. I noticed I had an aversion to my wonderful cup of coffee right after my surgery but now I can get in one that triggers the productive bathroom visit. The rest of the day I drink water and now green tea wih ginger for anti inflammatory and black cherry juice (I don't care for it) for antioxidant properties. Trying to find natural ways to get swelling down energy up and optimal healing.
Thanks I am going to try that. My neighbor came to visit and brought me a box of green tea. I have never used it but will now.
Unread 10-18-2012, 07:17 PM

Prayer in these times is always the best medicine. Please call on friends and family to pray for you daily. I also experienced very dark times after my hysterectomy and at one point I sent out a text message with a simple request to please pray for me. I can tell you those prayers were answered because I could feel that darkness moving away from and out of my mind and body. You will have days where you cry but dont fret a part of you was removed and it is okay to mourn for your loss. God speed in your recovery.
Unread 10-18-2012, 08:04 PM

petname2-
I am so sorry that the nurse and doc treated you that way. There are plenty of unsympathetic people in healthcare, and being busy just isn't a good excuse at all. I'm praying that you feel better very soon. It's completely normal to feel the way you feel right now, so please try to treat yourself well. It will get better in time, and I would definitely talk with your pcp about a little antidepressant and/or anti-anxiety medication to possibly get you through this hurdle. Best wishes to you
Unread 10-18-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abellcd View Post
petname2-
I am so sorry that the nurse and doc treated you that way. There are plenty of unsympathetic people in healthcare, and being busy just isn't a good excuse at all. I'm praying that you feel better very soon. It's completely normal to feel the way you feel right now, so please try to treat yourself well. It will get better in time, and I would definitely talk with your pcp about a little antidepressant and/or anti-anxiety medication to possibly get you through this hurdle. Best wishes to you
Thank you. I am calling tomorrow and making an appt to see my primary care doctor. She is very compassionate and I'm sure will listen to me and give me something to help me.
Unread 10-19-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petname2 View Post
Hi NicInNC, I am so confused with this site that I don't know where anyone is to get to email them. I could be better but coming along. I went for my first post-op on Tuesday and cried and told the nurse how depressed I was and all she did was lecture me on how good this is. Yeh, right, really a good thing. Last night I was so stupid and slept on my stomach and I am paying for it today. I know I have to snap myself out of this and I am sure eventually I will be okay.

How are you doing? I think about how you have been so nice to me and wish you well. I wish we could all get together in person and just sit and talk and if we were together talking I know we would have a good laugh because we all went through the same thng.

It's so funny but the people who I thought were so close would be more sympathetic and show me how they care but it does not happen. Strangers or people who I know just as an acquaintance seem to be more compassionate.
There you are! I was getting worried about you!

How DARE the nurse not take your feelings into consideration! She obviously hasn't ever had a hysterectomy or else she wanted one. Not everyone WANTS one and she needs to realize that.

I'm doing great! I had a few times this week where I started to hurt, but when I look back, I've really done a LOT this week too. I had some moles removed early in the week and I'll be darned if they aren't getting infected. If it's not one thing, it's another. I've got some antibiotics around here, so I'll just start those. I also had a reaction to the bandaids I was using...I thought they were latex free, but they weren't. I'm allergic to latex. So, I had a horrible rash.

You will be shocked at how different you feel when you get to week 5 and 6. I was still feeling pretty cruddy when I was at the point you are at.

I was part of an online forum many, many years ago and some of us women got so close to one another that we planned a real life get together. It was awesome, so much fun and we still keep in touch. We've watched each other get married, have children, some have gone through divorces, some have dealt with deaths, etc. For a long time, we tried to get together once a year, but it's been a few years since we've been able to last. One of the girls got divorced a while back (thank goodness cause her hubby was a jerk!) and she recently reconnected with her first love (from high school). They are now planning on getting married, so we will all hopefully be able to get together for her wedding. I feel closer to some of my online friends than I do to my local friends.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register