cancelled at very last moment | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cancelled at very last moment cancelled at very last moment

Unread 06-20-2013, 02:20 PM
cancelled at very last moment

I'm home again I got to theatre doors only to be cancelled at very last moment as a blood test hour earlier they weren't happy with and query temperature. What a disappointment truly upsetting but hey they had my interests at heart. I've had a barrage of tests on the ward and now have another month to wait . Apparently the initial tests results say the high dose of norithisterone I'm on 10 mg 3 times a day have altered my liver function and blood glucose. So they weren't happy to proceed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2013, 08:37 AM
Re: cancelled at very last moment

Oh no, how disappointing! I'd have thought they'd have already done all the labs before then to have known. At any rate, I hope nothing interferes with your new date. I'm sorry you have to wait so long.
Unread 06-21-2013, 09:52 AM

I'm coming to terms with the months wait now and thank you for taking the trouble to reply yesterday was a truly bad day. The labs were being done at the hospitals request by my gp on the tues and we'd before op day thurs. but gp said as tues results were normal dont bother coming we'd. So I just took results from tues to the hospital it's a good job they decided to play safe and repeat them at 12.40 pm surgery was scheduled for 2.30 pm that eleventh hour decision was traumatic but saves lives and for that I'm grateful. We live in a rural area and its easier for GPS to do blood work but hospital have insisted they do them next time. On count down again now it can't come quick enough I've been admitted twice in last few weeks with haemorrhage and getting through each day with no bleeding is a blessing. Thanks again for our support it really did lift my spirits knowing someone was out there listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2013, 10:07 AM

:
Unread 06-21-2013, 02:28 PM

That stinks! I had labs a week before my surgery and again the morning-of...I wondered why the repeat...I guess your situation answers that question. Best of luck as you wait it out and prepare ONCE AGAIN!!
Unread 06-21-2013, 03:17 PM

I hope your well into your recovery now and are being looked after. I think the lab bloods are a massive part of the surgery go ahead and I didn't realise this before that so many thing have to happen and be correct before surgery can go ahead. I've since heard today my temp was 37.7 but I didn't feel unwell or have ant sign of infection my bloods have come back today negative except for one saying impaired liver function they are thinking its the high dose of norithisterone ive been on since feb this year 10 mg 3 times a day and are going to repeat in 3 weeks. Surgery is now the 19 th july Surgeon said today if she can fit me on her list that day. I'm remembering my temp is always around 37.4 so not unusual for me! I guess my guardian angel was looking after me yesterday. Thank for the support and have a speedy recovery yourself.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register