4 1/2 weeker | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-30-2006, 03:57 AM
4 1/2 weeker

How is everyone doing? well it all going great except for the swollen belly, any suggestions?
I not when I wear a girdle while driving I don't feel the bumps in the road. I was told to drank chamolile pepperiment herb tea, I tried it last night and I did notice this morning that I was not as swollen a 2 pounds thinner. So maybe the tea help release the water weight or gas that is left in the tissue after surgery.
ANY MORE SUGGESTIONS OUT THERE?????????

Take care
Lynn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2006, 05:08 AM
4 1/2 weeker

Morning

Today is my 4 week check up and I'm doing great. I was surprised at how easy this was. I did end up with bladder problems and am following that up, so it was a little more uncomfortable due to the necessary straining and coming home with a cath (am now having to do self cath's as needed and have had 2 infections - UTI and Kidney since surgery). However, that is not due to the surgery as we located that problem during testing for the surgery. Therefore, they were not able to insert the sling as was originally planned, but I also knew that 2 days before surgery.

I feel like last week I took a major step forward in feeling good. I still am not doing laundry (bending) or dishwasher duties (again, bending) but can cook and boss the teenager around

I just realized this week...I have no more period Yippee Feels really good!

Swelly belly is still here for me as well. It's a little uncomfortable in the afternoons and evenings, which is when I notice the discomfort the most. I simply wear a sundress with no undergarmets as panties even bother me. I just do my errands and dress normally (but a little more loosely) in the mornings. I'd also love to hear other suggestions, but do understand this is pretty normal.

Are you having any problems with eating large meals? I seem to be very uncomfortable if I eat too much at supper (or really anytime) and must moderate. Please note, this is actually good for me as I weigh a bit more than I should, but not too much. However, it is uncomfortable and I'm wondering if it's related to the swelly belly?

Have a wonderful day!
Debbie
Unread 05-30-2006, 05:17 AM
4 1/2 weeker

yes Debbie, the eating less much related to the swollen belly. I was like that from week 1 to 3 then it changed to where I was eating normal again, and now the last two days I am back to eating less. I heard about the horrible weight gain stories, It has not happen for me yet and I hope it doesn't.
Take care (LYNN)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2006, 07:31 AM
4 1/2 weeker

Lynn711
hey we share the same date. I am doing really well. Even survived an 8 mile hike and 9 hours on my feet yesterday. A little sore, and tired but nothing major. I plan to lay low today. Also muddling through with the flashes etc. I am so glad to be on this side and out of the pain. Glad to hear you are doing well.
Unread 05-30-2006, 11:46 AM
4 1/2 weeker

Hi golftaxi ;
you did a 8 mile hike you go!!!!!!! lets keep sharing stories since our surgery was the same day. How about your swollen belly???? I just got some relief from that two days ago. I return to work on june 12th which is right after the beginning of my 6 weeks.
Unread 05-30-2006, 11:58 AM
4 1/2 weeker

8 mile hike?????

I thought I was doing well with a 3 mile walk!!!!
Unread 05-30-2006, 01:24 PM
4 1/2 weeker

AHH.. before you all start thinking I'm super woman, look at the bottom of my posts...I had an LSH. Way different than a TAH!! I am amazed I made it though as it was BEASTLY hot and extremely hilly. I found going up hills worse than coming down. I was really achy but I wasn't stopping for love nor money. Love to watch DS play golf. I have taken it very easy today, as I don't want to "overdo" any more than I have to!!
I must say having a hot flash when it is 94 degrees outside is quite interesting! It really gives a new meaning to hot and humid.
As to swelly belly, I wasn't really plagued to much with it. If I am up too long (like yesterday) I get a little swollen feeling, but after I rest for a while, or at least by morning it's back to normal. I just have that swollen, before your period feeling inside. I have been very fortunate in that respect. Hope yours continues to feel better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register