Weight lost from hysterectomy?? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weight lost from hysterectomy?? Weight lost from hysterectomy??

Unread 03-06-2004, 08:29 PM
weight loss

Dear Morticia:

I had a LSH on Feb. 5th, so just about 4 weeks ago. It took about a week to register any weight loss at all, but now I am 10 lbs. less than my regular pre-op weight. My surgeon said that just one of my fibroids weighed 1 lb.!! In retrospect, I wonder how I could have missed the connection between my slow weight gain and changing shape, but I just chalked it up to middle age changes. I did lose some of my weight pre-op--between worry and then for my procedure I had to do a bowel cleansing the day before, so only clear liquids and hi-powered laxatives, and then of course nothing the day of and I didn't feel like much the day after. I ate healthy during my recovery and am trying to keep those healthy habits, even though I am back to work and running around. I like having lost the weight and feel motivated to try to keep it off. Good luck!!

soozmagooz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2004, 09:17 PM
3 months post op

Hello!!
I am 3 months post op. I had a TVH on 12/1/03. Since my surgery, I have lost over 20 pounds and have kept it off. I don't really have an appetite. I did keep my ovaries. I do eat healthy, I don't eat alot of junk food, or greasy foods, etc.
Up until my surgery I had to really watch my weight, But I have been put on a med for my migraines, Topamax, I had lost about 50 lbs before my surgery.This med will cause you to not have an appetite. Anyway, I am 5'9"tall. I weighed 218. I did not look it at all. Right before surgery I was at 168, My weight had leveled off. I really wasn't losing anymore.
Since the surgery I am now down to 148. I don't think it is the med., in fact I have reduced the dose because I was taking too high of a dose.
I just try to eat healthy and take care of myself. I do hope it stays off, because I went from a size 16 to a size 8.

Sorry I babbled on about myself.
Good luck to everyone.
dbd
Unread 03-08-2004, 01:52 AM
weigh in at 5 days post-op was -5#

I dont think that my uterus and one ovary & tube weighed that much...it might have been the hopsital food and the fact that the pain pills amke me have NO appitite! Or that everytihg is going right through me...I have IBS & dont think I needed those stool softeners!

Good luck with your surgery!

Donna
Unread 03-08-2004, 07:10 AM
Re: Weight lost from hysterectomy??

Hi Morticia prior to my TVH I lost maybe 2 lbs. being stress related. After my surgery I lost 8 lbs. because of lack of appetite. The later weeks of my recovery I found myself starting to gain weight back...4 lbs. I know this was because I wasn't too energetic and just layed around taking it easy. I'am now almost 7 week's post op and back to doing my usual work with the exception of lifting heavy things. I have lost more weight...but how much I have no idea because my bathroom scales are inaccurate. I'am guessing about 15 lbs. in all. My "swelly belly" is almost gone and my jeans are loose fitting. Best Wishes to you on a uneventual surgery, speedy recovery, and healthier life.
Unread 03-16-2004, 04:54 PM
Weight lost from hysterectomy??

Hi there. I am new to this board and let me tell ya I love it. I am 30 years old with my hyst scheduled for May 19th (just found out today). I have been on the Lupron shot and hormones sense December. In Dec I got the 1 month shot and Jan I got the 3 month and sense the 3 month shot I have gained 13lbs. I was devestated seeing as I had been doing good exercising. I have now changed to a low carb diet to help but have only lost about 3lbs. Do you think the weight gain has anything to do with the lupron or hormones? I am hoping that after the surgery some of this extra will come off. Thanks again
Unread 03-16-2004, 08:11 PM

i am 12 days post op TVH/BSO and had to go to dr for sore throat and found I had lost 10 lbs on ly about 40 to go !!! Yipee!!!

Sheryl
Unread 03-16-2004, 08:44 PM
Hope I am a loser

I AM OFF TO THE CASTLE TOMORROW!

I have been dieting and have lost approximately 14 pounds since january but it has been hard and slow going. I have to check in early, my surgery is on 03/18/04 but my hospital is 2 hours away.

I hope that after my hyst i continue to lose. I am really nervous and when I get that way I eat.

DivaStar

2 days left
Unread 03-16-2004, 09:33 PM

I gained 8#s in the hospital after surgery.Now i have lost 8 #s and am 8 days post op.Tah/bso on march 8th
Unread 03-16-2004, 09:58 PM

I've lost about 8 pounds since surgery last Tusday.
Unread 03-16-2004, 10:45 PM

I had a TAH on 2/12/04. When i went in for my 4 week check up and weighed in I had lost 17 pounds since my surgery. I could not eat much the first week after my surgery because of loss of appeite. Since then I have been eating pretty normal. Not sure if change in hormones is the reason or what. I expected to start putting some of the weight back on when I started feeling better and eating again but so far I have kept it off. My belly is still a little swollen but I notice it going down a little bit every day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register