got a date!!! finallly!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

got a date!!! finallly!! got a date!!! finallly!!

Unread 04-09-2005, 06:45 PM
got a date!!! finallly!!

After months and months of ongoing problems, bleeding, cramping. i went to the doctors on Friday again and he finally gave me a date for my hyster.!!!! i'm going May 5. I can't wait but i guess i am a little nervous at the same time.....
Jan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2005, 07:28 PM
got a date!!! finallly!!

Hi Jan,

I'm happy for you and I know exactly how you feel! Hang in there!

If you have a chance, it would help if you add your hysterectomy date to your profile so you will be able to recieve greetings for your day!

s

Deb
Unread 04-09-2005, 08:05 PM
got a date!!! finallly!!

Congrats, Jan! It is a releif finally to get a date... but I know it's get nerve-racking too. Hang in there!

lisandboo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2005, 09:04 PM
ok

i'll do that if i can figure out how. lol.
Jan
Unread 04-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Re: ok

I don't know how! I'm still trying to figure that one out too... I'm April 19th (after being postposed three times!!!). I think after a couple of days, it starts to settle in. I became sorta "at peace" with it, but still all the prep and wondering and stuff.

What type of surgery are you getting?

Quote:
Originally posted by jan0859
i'll do that if i can figure out how. lol.
Jan
Unread 04-09-2005, 10:24 PM
got a date!!! finallly!!

getting a complete lisa.....uterus, ovaries, tubes, the works are all coming out. i don't want to chance another surgery a few years down the road if i don't get the ovaries out now. I talked to my doctor about it and he agreed with me. it was my choice. my doctor is great.....he told me that if i change my mind i can just call him, talkto him on the phone or in the hospital.
jan
Unread 04-09-2005, 10:29 PM
got a date!!! finallly!!

Hey Jan,
You can talk to your doc too, at pre-op appt. I'm am going to keep all that I can - ovaries and cervix. After doing some reading on this site, and around the internet, *for me* it seems like the best choice. Even if I have to risk another surgery, I would rather risk that than the surgical menopause. Some of the sisters here have been through it, and I think I'd rather wait. I'm 42, so who knows if it's the right choice... but I've thought an thought about it.

Check out the checkpoints - they are really useful for preparing for recovery and stuff.

Lisa

Quote:
Originally posted by jan0859
getting a complete lisa.....uterus, ovaries, tubes, the works are all coming out. i don't want to chance another surgery a few years down the road if i don't get the ovaries out now. I talked to my doctor about it and he agreed with me. it was my choice. my doctor is great.....he told me that if i change my mind i can just call him, talkto him on the phone or in the hospital.
jan
Unread 04-10-2005, 05:47 AM
got a date!!! finallly!!

lisa:
i did talkto my doc about it. he said if i was under 40, he would definately leave them, if i was over 50 he would definately take them.....since i'm stuck right smack dab in the middle of that, he said it was my decision. Family history for menopause was good. my mom had nothing. Her periods stopped the day my father passed away and she had no hot flashes, no night sweats, nothing. My sister had very little so my doc says i have a good chance of not having anything or very little also. . I'll deal with whatever comes my way. I have a wonderful family who will help me through everything.
J
Unread 04-10-2005, 11:32 AM
got a date!!! finallly!!

Hi Jan!!
I live right down Route 30 from you!! I hope all goes well on May 5th..What hospital are you going to? I went to Magee and they were very nice..My one year anniversary of my surgery was yesterday and it has brought back many memories..I am thrilled with the results..
Good luck to you!!
Unread 04-10-2005, 03:58 PM
got a date!!! finallly!!

hi mimic!!
My doc only goes to Jeannette so i will be going there. another reason is i work at Jeannette hospital and our insurance is goofy about those things. we have to use Jeannette or Mercy in pittsburgh. i would rather have gone to westmoreland where noone really knows me but i have no choice
i guess you do what you have to do. I'm a little nervous but then on the other hand i'm a little excited too...........to finally go without pain or the mess anymore is going to be like heaven.
Jan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register