What should I wear to /from the hospital? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What should I wear to /from the hospital? What should I wear to /from the hospital?

Unread 09-27-2011, 06:08 AM
What should I wear to /from the hospital?

Hi,
Tomorrow is my surgery date. I need some input from those that have gone before me. What should I wear to and from the hospital?

I read the postings about what to wear at the hospital and pretty much have that figured out. I am having a daVinci and my doctor has said I will only be there 1 day (unless complications).

Will sweatpants bother the incisions coming home? Should I wear a sundress (the weather is starting to turn a bit)? I don't want to be cold.

I think jeans are a no-no. They won't give or be comfortable.

Please share what you wore to and from the hospital!

Thanks,
goldenlife
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2011, 06:14 AM
Re: What should I wear to /from the hospital?

I had the da Vinci also, 3 weeks ago today. I wore yoga pants, a tee shirt and flip flops and i was comfortable coming home. Also, best advice I found was take a pillow to put between your tummy and the seat belt on the ride home!!

Best of luck!
Unread 09-27-2011, 06:15 AM

I would say a sundress, but take a cardigan in case it's chilly. I had daVinci 4 weeks ago. I probably could've tolerated loose sweat pants or pj pants because I had a tummy binder, so that would cover your incisions. Best of luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2011, 07:42 AM

I had an LSH two weeks ago. I wore jean capris and an oversized t-shirt to and home from the hospital without any problem. I had an abdominal binder on, so my incisions were fine. Since being home, I've been wearing scrub pants, lounge pants or pajama pants; too 'swelly' for jeans to fit right now! I also wore a sports bra so it'd be easier to take on/off, and more comfortable to sleep in. I didn't get the oversized granny-panties as a lot of people on here suggest -- I normally wear bikini-cuts and haven't had a problem with them at all. I didn't wear socks to/from the hospital so I could save myself from having to bend down and put them on before I left. And, I wore slip-on sneakers for the same reason, which worked out well because my feet were still pretty swollen when I left and lacing up shoes could have been uncomfortable.

Best of luck to you!!
Unread 09-27-2011, 10:56 AM

I had TAH, vertical incision & wore yoga pants and a t-shirt & left with the same ones on.

It was very uncomfortable though. Luckily, I only live about 10 mins from the hospital.

I'd suggest a dress or nice night gown...........If its a little chilly, just take a sweater in case. Or some PJ's that the bottoms will come up to right under your boobs.

Don't forget to take a llittle travel pillow to put between you tummy and the seatbelt.
Unread 09-27-2011, 11:05 AM

I didn't get discharged until 9pm at night, so I wore home pajama pants and a tank. I didn't want to mess around with changing yet again when I got home. I was then able to crawl right into bed and get comfy. I don't think it matters as long as you're comfortable. :-). Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register