sharp pain/blue jeans | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

sharp pain/blue jeans sharp pain/blue jeans

Unread 06-24-2012, 05:52 AM
sharp pain/blue jeans

i am 12 days post.. i started having sharp stabby pain on my left side at the keyhole cut that was glued shut. it comes and goes. is it just the site healing.?

Also yesterday i attempted to put my jeans on..i still could not put them on..i thought i was gonna die..when i tried to button up..it squeezed my insides and make it hurt.
When will i expect to be able to get into them again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2012, 07:01 AM
Re: sharp pain/blue jeans

Heidi,

I'm 8 weeks post op and not back in my jeans yet. If you're like me, you've got a long way to go. I wasn't heavy before my surgery, and the swelling has really shown on me. It's still all dresses for now!
Unread 06-24-2012, 07:38 AM

I have that same pain on my left side, its like a bad burning. I had my surgery June 1st and I was actually able to get into my jeans, which are very tight, 2 days post op. But the Dr gave me meds to take twice a day for the swelling. Dr told me the pains were normal, it was the nerves waking up again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2012, 07:45 AM

I was able to get into my jeans by the end of the first week. They are a little snug, but this humid southern heat makes them so uncomfortable to wear. Not to mention the rubbing on my incisions. I have the same pain too on my right side. Doc said it was the healing from the inside to the outside that causes those pains. Not so bad going into week 5 but every once in a while it still feels like someone jabbed me with a sharp needle, like a finger-prick kinda pain.
Unread 06-24-2012, 09:45 AM

I started getting those pains last night. Boo on that. I agree with the PP's and its just healing. I haven't even considered jeans yet. Yoga pants, jammies & dresses for me. i am still quite swollen and I fear I have gained a few pounds over the past 2 weeks.
Happy Healing
Unread 06-24-2012, 11:01 AM

I am still not in my jeans yet and had surgery April 4. This swelly belly is depressing. I'm a fairly small girl, so it looks obvious that I have this huge round belly!!
:cathugs:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register