How do YOU feel? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How do YOU feel? How do YOU feel?

Unread 07-26-2002, 09:15 AM
How do YOU feel?

I have been diagnosed with several uterine fibroid tumors making my uterus equal to a 15 week pregnancy. My doctor put me on low dose birth control pills for three months with a follow up visit on August 7. I have done much research, most on this site, and feel that I am very well informed.

It just seems that all I can think about and feel is my uterus. This may be me just being crazy, or is it? I always feel bloated. Like I have a ball in my pelvis. Does anyone else feel like this? If the doctor mentions hysterectomy should I have it just to get rid of this feeling? I have lost all interest in sex and have horrible cramps with my period. My bleeding has gotten much better since on the pill though.

Any thoughts, suggestions, prayers would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2002, 10:44 PM
How do YOU feel?

If that bloated heavy feeling really bothers you and interferes with your day to day life, and you are comfortable with the decision to have surgery, I say GO FOR IT.

Of course, only you can decide whether a hysterectomy is right for you, but anything that impacts your quality of life takes its toll, sometimes in little ways, sometimes in big ones, but it does take its toll. If there is a solution and it feels right to you, like I said...go for it!

For a good four years before I had surgery, my evil X-Files uterus ruled my life, 24/7. The bloating, the bleeding, the pain...it was a drag! If I had to make plans ahead of time for a vacation or event, I lived in fear that 'it' would ruin everything for me. Half my wardrobe hung in my closet and collected dust because I couldn't wear anything fitted in the tummy or waist.

I had to end up in a life-threatening situation from putting things off for so long before I finally agreed that surgery was for me...now I wish I had done it much sooner! But, that's just me.

I hope this helps a little bit.

Unread 07-31-2002, 05:14 AM
How do YOU feel?

Dear Kappy,

Welcome to HysterSisters 85% of hysterectomies are for quality of life reasons. Only YOU must live with the pre-op symptoms and the post-op results (good or bad).

Here is a link with more info on fibroids: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/ann...p?s=&forumid=4

Get smart about your symptoms and your options, and make the best choice for YOU. I am sending huge cyberhugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2002, 09:35 AM
Uterus concerns

All I can think about is my uterus too! It's hard not to when I can feel the fibroids all the time. And when I lie down, my belly is lumpy looking. I can feel the GD things pressing up against other organs. While I don't have excessive bleeding or much pain, I'm in the process of having these things taken out. I just want to focus on something else. And I'd like to use the restroom fewer times....

Good luck with your choice. Have you looked into that embolization procedure?
Unread 08-01-2002, 08:10 PM
How do YOU feel?

Hi Kappycur

Although a hyst is one option for treating fibroids, there are several other options that you should be aware of too. Hopefully your gyn has discussed these options with you. In addition to bc pills, there is Lupron, Uterine Artery Embolization (UAE), myomectomy, hysterectomy.

Last summer I had a laparoscopic myomectomy to remove two large fibroids. My uterus was 14 to 16 week size. I had that swollen and bloated feeling too. The surgery was done as outpatient and I only missed one week of work. The bad news was that my gyn found stage 4 endo and it turns out that was causing many of my symptoms rather than the fibroids. I later had a TAH/BSO and I'm doing great at 8 months post op.

Please keep asking questions and review your options with your gyn. It's always a good idea to get a second opinion too. Best of luck, whatever you decide. We'll be here to offer support, any way we can.

Beth
Unread 08-03-2002, 05:21 PM
How do YOU feel?

Hi-
I can relate to some of your things you said. I don't all the time, but I get this feeling that my stomach is just protruding to the point that it is going to pop. I'm already overweight, had two c-sections, no stomach muscles whatsoever, so for me, it's kind of uncomfortable. I have one fibroid for sure-doc said my uterus is 25-30 percent larger than normal. Some days I feel ready to deliver. I have gone for my consult, he too put me on low dose bcp to take for a month, maybe two and wants me back. He was leaning towards hyst. because mine are causing probs. like heavy bleeding/flooding, clots, anemia. I had been having some other problem things, too, but didn't associate them with the fibroid. When I found out it was like a lightning bolt hit me. Duh, that's the reason for these other problems. They include the bloating, my more frequent urination, and I have this thing where after sex, I get this nauseous feeling. I don't really have pain, but if it was an intense "o" I get this crampy, nauseous feeling. I didn't tell my husband that one right away because I couldn't describe it any other way than that and it didn't sound too loving to say, honey, I get nauseous after being with you...I did manage to tell him and he understood, but at first just looked at me like I was alien to him. I have also been getting pretty frequent headaches which I am convinced is from all of this too. And while I'm at it, heck, lets say this is the reason for my sinus problems too...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register