Let The Countdown Begin! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Let The Countdown Begin! Let The Countdown Begin!

Unread 03-23-2002, 07:29 AM
Let The Countdown Begin!

Well, here I sit. I looked at the calendar and realized that 1 month from today I will become a

My nerves are bad, but not extreme. I know that will probably change, but am not worried too much about it (honestly). I know the waiting in the hardest part. I have known for about a month now that my hyster will be on 4/23. WOW! It doesn't even feel like a month has gone by already. When I got the date, I thought "oh my goodness.. the time will drag on and on and go so slowly".

Other than a head cold I got slammed with yesterday, I am feeling pretty good. Pain hasn't been bad over the past week (no narcotics needed ~ just Naprosyn). I will be talking to my doc this week to set up pre-op appointment.

Now that I have posted this and told you how the first 4 weeks flew by so fast, the next 4 will drag on and on. Going to try and keep my mind occupied. Lots of cleaning and errands to do between now and then.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoy your weekend!

To the other LIW's: hang in there. It will soon be all over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2002, 08:27 AM
Hi Amy

Thanks for your post. I am so glad you are not having too much pain. Yes, the time does go by pretty quickly doesn't it.
I am 4 weeks post today Gee, I can't believe it. This too has past quickly and comfortably. I am feeling really good.
The forums and chat are here for you to help the time :fly: by.
I will that all will be well for you on your way to becoming a
BIG HUGS!
Unread 03-23-2002, 08:37 AM
Let The Countdown Begin!

Thanks and lots of prayers going out to you as well for your recovery to continue as smoothly as it has thus far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2002, 12:13 PM
Countdown

My surgery is scheduled for April 22nd. I have so many questions! It is happening too fast! I have an ultrasound scheduled Tuesday but probably won't see the doc until my preop appt on 4/11. I'm scared yet excited, dreading it even as I look forward to the post surgery benefits (no more painful periods, constant cramps, unexpected bleeding!) I have read many posts and gone through this site and now have dozens and dozens of questions for my doctor. Am signing this one Overwhelmed in Virginia!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register