super sized undie - how many? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

super sized undie - how many? super sized undie - how many?

Unread 03-13-2004, 06:34 AM
super sized undie - how many?

Ladies

I was wondering how long you needed to wear your larger than usual sized undies?

I'm preparing for an SAH with possible BSO in the next several months (waiting for a surgery date), and was wondering how many pairs of the supersized undies to buy?

If I'll only need them for a week or so, then I'll buy less, but if I'll need them for several weeks up to and even after I'll return to work (6-8 weeks), then I'll need to buy a full supply (maybe 10-12?).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2004, 06:41 AM
How long will swelly belly last???

I'd buy a pack of 3 then see how it goes. For one you may choose to go commando -- I did, it was a lot more comfortable than even granny panties. I switched over to "control panties" to counter the dreaded belly swell once I could lean against the kitchen counter without wanting to scream. If you are lucky, swelly belly won't last too long -- do the least you can get away with. Imagine how much fun you can have burning your "period panties" along with the "granny panties" (and maybe even "control panties" when they aren't needed any more!) along with any and all assorted feminine products. Seriously, how long can you get along without doing laundry? We have a laundry chute and I could do laundry pretty soon post op. Left a ton of laundry baskets in the basement for others to carry up. If you have to go to a laundramat, you might want to buy more.
Unread 03-13-2004, 06:47 AM

pokie

I'm EXTREMELY lucky in that my DH does ALL the laundry! It just worked out that way over the years, since I have WAY more clothes than he does (and could go longer without doing laundry). He started doing it just so he could have clean clothes, and it's been that way for over 10 years now!

So, 3 packs of 3 would probably do fine for me, if I"m wearing them every day. I do go commando very frequently, at least when I'm at home, but not sure I'd be comfortable doing that outside of the house.

I've been wearing black panties for years becuase I couldn't stand the stains all over my white/natural ones, so I probably won't have a panty burning party.

But I'm looking forward to buying white sheets and towels to use, since I gave up on those YEARS ago (couldn't stand looking at the stains).

For some reason, I have NEVER been able to get a blood stain out of ANYTHING - I try and try, soak and soak, and they always leave at least a ring. So I gave up and started buying black panties and burgendy sheets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2004, 07:13 AM

I bought new undies at my size, and did not wash them. It worked for me. I also used my husband's boxer shorts for night wear, he didn't like them and the girls (dds) got them for him for Xmas. I took my terry cloth bathrobe to hospital. I used their stuff for everything else except slippers. Bookfairy
Unread 03-13-2004, 08:07 AM

going commando was definitely the best option for me (more information than you need to know, lol).....but at about 3 weeks when I was back in undies, my regular ones were fine. I'd say get a couple pairs and try them out for a few days, and if they work for you, send dh out to Undie World for more! You really can't predict how long swelling will last, or how many undie sizes it will bump you up.
Unread 03-13-2004, 09:56 AM

we all are different but I preferred the support, isn't it funny we all need different things.. but going without panties seem to make my belly sorer...(guess the jiggling,lol) good luck!
Unread 03-13-2004, 10:25 AM

Hi,

I bought two packs of three larger panties. I still wear them five week post-op but some days when I don't have swelly belly I can wear my before surgery panties. Keep in mind that you may have to wash a little more often. Good luck.

Tammie
Unread 03-13-2004, 11:35 AM

I still wear my granny panties. They are soft against my tummy and now that the hair is growing back it keeps it from getting too itchy. I started with 2 pair and sent DH to get more.

When you are ready for the control panty option, try the Barely There Firm Control Hi-Cut Brief! It is the most comfortable one I've ever found.

I am going to get white, beige, blue and flowered panties at Victoria's Secret when I go to Seattle for my trip. No black!
Unread 03-13-2004, 12:59 PM
i did the commando thingy too

that was the best thing that i could for myself,,then when i started to go out,,i put my bikinis on,,ouch,,,so i opted for my semi hi cut grannies,,,they helped alot,,i didnt really need 20 sizes bigger,,,but try the commando thing for a week ,,until u feel u can get into undies again,,i feel that i needed my own size cuz it hugs me and controls swelly belly,,if i even have that,,i have swelly incision when i overdo,,but my undies do help.
Unread 03-13-2004, 04:05 PM

Im 7 weeks post op and have fallen in love with my 12 pairs of granny pants they are so comfortable and I have got quite used to having high pants that go above my belly button and peek over my jeans sort of trendy in a way as thats how they all wear them now isnt it jeans hanging halfway down your legs and underwear on show,dont frett girls I havnt gone that far yet,but I do love my granny pants just wish they were in fashion and I would be a trendy fashion chick,but Im just an ordinary gal who likes a good pear of jeans and a baggy t-shirt.
OOO how I love my granny pants.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register