Did anyone have similar symptoms? I'm not sure what to do. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did anyone have similar symptoms? I'm not sure what to do. Did anyone have similar symptoms? I'm not sure what to do.

Unread 05-11-2016, 12:43 AM
Did anyone have similar symptoms? I'm not sure what to do.

Doctors keep saying I'm fine, am I crazy? Should I ask for a biopsy and a ca125 test? I'm 21. No previous or current pregnancy, STD's, STIs, cancer, fungal or bacterial infections, or surgery. Unknown family history. Started my period at 8 or 9.

The last nine months my symptoms have varied. I've always had irregular and painful periods but my periods were different than usual. I assumed it was Nexplanon at first but I had it for the 3 years before and had no problems and have had it for 11 months now. My period skipped a few months and then it came back heavy and painful for 2-3 weeks out of the month, skipped a few months again.

My pain started in my left Fallopian tube and eventually went to my ovary. I was only comfortable laying on my stomach. Pressure helped but doesn't anymore. Extremely nauseous, vomiting, dizziness, light headedness, weak muscles, and fainting a few times.

I then had a low grade fever for a few weeks before I started my period, it was light and short. Then I had severe cramping, migraines, pain behind my right eye, right shoulder, neck. I can no longer use tampons because it hurts. I feel dull but not bad pain in my right ovary. Cervical pain started, badly when I spotted dark brown-black for 17 days. The cervical pain felt like it was being ripped apart. Only one small clot. The pain makes it so I have to stop when I walk until it goes away. It sometimes causes pins and needle pain or numbness in my left buttocks and leg. Hot flashes and chills. Extreme bloating and difficulty fully emptying my bladder. Dry eyes.

Mentronidiazle didn't work. Transvaginal ultra sound was normal. I understand only so much can be done but I know something isn't right. I'm getting tired of being told to come back if it continues and having nothing done. Should I continue to try and get help or is this just what my cycle is going to be like from now on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2016, 04:59 PM
Re: Did anyone have similar symptoms? I'm not sure what to do.

Has your doctor ruled out PCOS or thyroid problems? Also various autoimmune problems like RA or Lupus. They can all effect you with pain and hormonal variations. Also another possibility is vulvodynia, or gyn pain syndrome. There are gyns who specialize in this. Just some suggestions....... A Ca125 might be warranted, but know that this test is hardly diagnostic and has a lot of false positive and negative results. it's usually used to follow up on known cancer patients.
Unread 05-13-2016, 07:21 PM
Re: Did anyone have similar symptoms? I'm not sure what to do.

(((lawanonymous))) You certainly have a lot going on, so I wouldn't say you're crazy for wanting to get to the bottom of things. I agree with mollybear that there could be other causes aside from or in addition to gynecological ones which could be contributing or causing some symptoms.

She's also correct that the CA-125 test isn't diagnostic, meaning it can't be used to rule ovarian cancer in or out and that its primary use is to follow progression of the disease after it's been diagnosed. That being said, it can be taken into consideration with other factors to help formulate a plan moving forward. As for biopsies, they aren't performed for OVCA, only cervical and uterine. Most often, cervical biopsies are taken during a colposcopy which is performed following certain abnormal pap results. You're a bit on the young side for uterine cancers, although we are unfortunately seeing it in younger ladies as well.

You most certainly are within your rights to discuss and/or request any of these tests or procedures be completed and to have your doctor explain reasoning as to why or why not. You are also perfectly welcome to get a second (or third!) opinion, if you don't feel comfortable with your treatment plan and/or your doctor. I don't believe anyone would think you're being unreasonable not wanting to resign yourself to suffering these issues without further investigation. Remember, we are our own best advocates!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register