TVH - 1-19-04 and it was so easyyyyyyyyyyy! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVH - 1-19-04 and it was so easyyyyyyyyyyy! TVH - 1-19-04 and it was so easyyyyyyyyyyy!

Unread 01-23-2004, 08:05 PM
TVH

Hi Peg,
I'm sure things will go fine, its just that we don't know what to expect or how we will feel, etc.....thats the hardest part. Once I got over that hill, I just wanted to feel normal again and do all the normal things I did before, including work. The same day as my surgery, my daughter had our first grandchild, so I also had that to look forward to. My surgery date was set, so we always joked that its possible we could be in the hosp. at the same time, well, wouldn't you know it, thats exactly what happened. So, I had a few phone calls early AM and met up with them before my surgery.....we also had the same gyne doing her delivery and my surgery....so I also had that on my mind right before the surgery, think that helped, but I didn't get to see my grandson until the 2nd day in the hosp., some lovely nurse wheeled me down there :-)

So, don't worry too much, think positive!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2004, 08:23 PM
TVH - 1-19-04 and it was so easyyyyyyyyyyy!

Hi Ladies,

I am almost five weeks post op, uterus, ovaries and cervix removed and pathology came back negative thankfully. A cyst in the uterus was actually larger than the uterus itself. I came home the following day at 3. At three weeks I was back at work part-time (very limited) and by 4 weeks increased the hours I worked daily. I too was very active before the surgery and in decent shape.....the house walls closed in quickly This has all been much much much easier then I imagined. The pain meds at the hospital worked very well, I took two doses at home the following day, used aspirin the third day and nothing since. For me the meds made me feel worse then the surgery. Had I known how easy this was I wouldn't have worried nearly as much. I understand all of you waiting and your worries, have a good attitude and do what your doc says, you'll be fine!! Good luck and hurry home.

I have a question, my stomach is still too swollen for me and honestly I don't see much of an improvement, how long does it usually take for the abdomen to be at least semi-normal?

JAMS

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register