Bloating post-op - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bloating post-op Bloating post-op

Unread 07-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Bloating post-op

Monica....it is just terrible isn't it! I guess that I had not noticed it so much since I've been wearing loose fitting clothes. I knew reminding myself that I won't look like a giant manatee forever!

Thank god I wear hospital scrubs for a living with drawstring pants, maybe I can just wear my best scrubs to the wedding! HA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2008, 08:05 AM
Bloating post-op

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefreak
At almost 6 months I still have the swelly belly problem, too. But, I found some cute blouses at JC Penney that have worked for me. They are real shear and came with a camisole underneath. They are short sleeved so they are cool, too. They have just enough fullness to them that if I just button the middle button, like a jacket, they camiflage my midsection. I get lots of compliments whenever I wear them and have even had someone ask if I have lost weight. My daughters even raved over them and they are always telling me I wear old lady clothes. I wear them with a skirt for church so they look dressy and with pants for a more casual look.
Maybe something like this would work for you too.

OOOOhh...good idea, thanks for the tip, I will look into those! AH...if only it were winter then I could really hide the budda belly!
Unread 07-01-2008, 08:48 AM
Also with bloating postop still!

Hello
Glad to see I am NOT the ONLY one..........My surgery was laparascopic so I was hoping not as much Swelly Belly! but I start out most mornings with a normal stomach but some days by noon it is OUT! (4 months pregnant size!) ugh!

I have read on other posts that this is normal and sometimes 6 months to one year......The body has to adjust to the trauma.........UGH!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Bloating post-op

Ladies I am almost 9 weeks post op and I am so with you on this! I came back to work at 4 weeks and had nothing to wear! I hate this "huge" feeling. I have also bought some fuller tops to cover my swelly belly and that helps some but I am just tired of feeling blahhhh. I think it has started getting some better but I still can't get into real clothes. Thanks for giving me a thread to vent my frustration too.
Unread 07-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Bloating post-op

Oh my goodness. I cannot wait to have my body back! I've been living in PJ's since surgery only changing into regular clothes if I must go out... And then I have to leave my pants unbuttoned! This does not make a girl feel pretty No kidding, I just went out and bought a couple of pairs of maternity shorts. That didn't make me feel pretty either (which is funny, because pregnant women ARE beautiful...), but I figure if I look pregnant I might as well get the comfort of the pregnant clothes
Unread 07-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Bloating post-op

Hi Purplefreak!

Thanks for the advice about JC Penney. I will certainly try them!!
Unread 07-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Bloating post-op

OMG! I have to wait weeks, even months, for this terrible swelling to go away? I just had my husband get my maternity clothes down from the attic because those pants are the only ones that will fit! How discouraging! What should I be doing to get rid of this terrible feeling?
Unread 07-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Bloating post-op

Please don't despair. Just remember, your body is healing and it takes time. Don't be discouraged. It's important that you keep a good attitude about this to help with your healing. Rememaber, its temporary.

I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck!
Unread 07-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Bloating post-op

The ever popular swelly bellly. One day I'm able to get my shorts on and the next day I'm wearing a sun dress. I seem to get the balloon effect especially in the evening. I realize my surgery was less than 2 weeks ago and this is normal, but reading that you have the swelly belly at 6 months scares me. Am I going to have to buy a new wardrobe for when I go back to work in a few weeks?

Also, my weight is crazy. One day I lost 6 pounds and the next day I've gain four. I think I'll just throw the scale out in front of a bus!
Unread 07-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Bloating post-op

OMG!! You are all making me worry! I have to be in NYC in exactly 5 weeks in front of a fashion council no less!! Right now I cannot wear anything but my roomie pj dresses from Target - I don't think those are quite High Fashion enough for the crowd that I am presenting to for 4 days. UGH!! So out of desperation, and as someone earlier suggested, I broke down and ordered the Swelly Belly Band from this site. You're right, there must be a reason that the banner for it is at the top of every page! I really hope this helps. I know that everyone post-hyst by a year or more says that this was completely worth it and it was the best thing they ever did for themselves. I am keeping that as my focus.

The Colace is really helping move things along; I am drinking a ton of water and am eating small meals often - no starches, too. Walking feels good. I finally stopped taking the Darvocet, so my head finally feels clear too.

Hang in there, sisters!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register