13 wks post op reality kicking in - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

13 wks post op reality kicking in 13 wks post op reality kicking in

Unread 05-19-2009, 08:37 AM
Re: 13 wks post op reality kicking in

Ceepha, yes, I know what you mean. My DH wanted to have some friends over last weekend and I was like 'what?!! no.' I just don't feel up to entertaining. We have a big weekend coming up with my DD's 21st bday, her BF's graduation, and an annual neighborhood bbq that we usually host - this year we convinced someone else to host it :-)

I actually called a therapist I saw a long time ago and felt better when she confirmed all of these emotions are 'normal' after going through, in my case, a hysterectomy and multiple surgeries. There are lots of changes going on in our bodies and it can take months for things to settle down from all the trauma.

You are going to need that week in Portugal girl!! Enjoy it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2009, 08:48 AM

Hi ladies! It's been a while but this is exactly the thread I need! Craftingaddict yet again we coincide. I found my stomach was actually more sore after 8 weeks than it had been before. I was more active going back to work but no way could you call it overdoing it, I have a desk job and I refuse to do any of the lifting.

I have had a good recovery and my life is going well, but this surgery was really something. In some ways I feel better than I did before surgery no doubt, but in other ways I don't and I am not used to coping with those things yet. I have gained 20 pounds since my surgery but I also quit smoking so it is probably more to do with that.

Anyway, I am thinking of this as a year for me. I have joined flylady.net to help bring some organization to my home, I have freshened my wardrobe and am taking extra time with my grooming and I am putting that extra little touch on the meals. And I have picked up the sweater I started 2 years ago and am knitting away on it with no deadline to finish it. All things I enjoy very much.

Oh ya, I wear my white pants every chance I get.
Unread 05-19-2009, 10:28 AM

I had my TAH on 3/20, a little over eight weeks ago. I am 37 and I have no children. The day after my surgery my long time companion decided that he no longer wanted to be a part of my life. He made me feel worthless and useless as a woman. I was in the emergency room due to pain in my abdomen and severe burning and numbness in my left thigh about a month after the TAH. I had to put my dog down because she had a degenerative spine condition and was in pain. I was an emotional wreck and oh so angry. My poor Mom who has helped me in so many ways has had to deal with my outbursts and very sarcastic remarks. For some reason she is the one who has to deal with my charming personality. I went back to work yesterday and was told that they eliminated my position.

While I still don't appreciate the way my ex-boyfriend treated me, I know that I am not worthless or useless. What he did was give me a gift. A new lease on life. He gave me my freedom so that I could find a new man who loves me for me and not for my uterus! I will miss my dog, but she is up in Heaven with my Dad and she is no longer in pain. As for my job, well, that place was stressful and I was afraid that due to my forked tongue that I wouldn't have lasted the first day back anyway.

I know things will get better and I have a fresh start where I can do anything. Yeah, I am in a little pain, but that will go away. I know my doctor and I will figure out a way for me to return to my normal emotionally. It just takes time. We as women need to understand that. Everyone wants everything from us RIGHT NOW, but we need to take time to just breathe and calm down and do things for ourselves and take time to heal both physically and emotionally.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register