Ovaries wake up | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ovaries wake up Ovaries wake up

Unread 09-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Ovaries wake up

Hello everyone,
Hope you all are doing well. I had a TVH and got to get my ovaries and I am my fourth week of recovery since my surgery on 8/19/09.
The first two weeks were rough but I am in the home stretch now and heading back to work next week.
My question to the group is when I will know that my ovaries are awake. I have not be released for action in the bedroom yet and assumed that will be granted after my 10/01/09 appt so I do not know what to expect.
Could you all give me some things to look for so I will be ready.
I have said this before and will say it again, this is a wonderful website and even thought we do not know each other, it is good to know that you have someone to talk to who has been in your shoes...
Thanks for listening,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Re: Ovaries wake up

I knew my ovaries woke up because I stopped having hot flashes & night sweats. I also felt less emotional. I also could feel when I ovulated so I knew what was going on in the 3rd month.
Unread 09-16-2009, 02:16 PM

Hi Linda!
I think that I will know (my surgery was 2 days before you) when they are awake when my emotions settle down. My hotflashes aren't so bad, more like warm flashes and they aren't anything to write home about....I was sweatin up a storm but that has kinda passed too. The biggest tell for me is when I don't cry over the dust in the air anymore. I also could feel when I ovulated before so I'll look for that again too. Do you have symptoms of them being asleep?

Nicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2009, 06:15 PM

Well, I don't know. When I came home, I had my share of the hot flashes and still have them from time to time. Yes, I can cry at a moment notice and the little things seem to bother me so I am unsure about this and hope that someone could help us.

I now am having problems with my asthma. I had not had a flare up in 10 years and went to the ER early Monday morning, had two breathing treatments there and another at my doctor office today. To top that off, my blood presurre has decided that it wants to show its ulgy side. I told my family doctor that I hysterectomy went well but everything seem to be falling apart. I am suppose to be back to work full time on Monday so I have two days and the weekend to get back to normal.
Sorry, I had to vent somewhere......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register