LSH Low Back pain after surgery? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Low Back pain after surgery? Low Back pain after surgery?

Unread 12-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Low Back pain after surgery?

I just had my LSH on 12/1 and occassionally, I get that familar lower back pain, which I was hoping it was coming from my uterus. Could this just be from the surgery or maybe the position they had me in? I also found out today that I had severe adhesions from my c-section scar up to my belly button. My dr. told me that he couldn't get all the adhesions out, that he stopped where he had to and was happy that I was keeping my cervix because it would have been tough to get to it. So not real sure as to why I am still getting this back pain, hoping it would be a thing of the past. Hugs to everyone and best wishes on your recoveries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Re: Low Back pain after surgery?

Thats why my doctor did not do a lap hyst. He like to beavle to see better what is going on there in case things like that happen. All my organs were stuck together from adheshions and he fixed all that. He said my pain during sex was mostly caused by that. He wrapped my left ovarynl to keep it from to heal. He also glued my incesion. No staples or stitches.
Unread 12-07-2011, 08:12 AM

I had a TAH and my lower back hurts. The first few days after surgery it was awful. Now it is getting better, but I still feel the aching pain. They said it was from the position during operation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2011, 12:18 PM

Thank you for your replies. But it still feels like the pain I had before the surgery and that is what conerns me. Hopefully it is just the after-effect of the position and maybe the surgery itself. Will ask my Dr. more about this at my post-op appt. next week. Best wishes with your recovery. Hugs.
Unread 12-07-2011, 12:34 PM

I am in pain today cause i have not done what am suppose to be doing. Had surgery mon my sister lost her son on thurs due to accident at work. Had to be with her and funeral yest. Cried for 7 days. I was doing the things i as doing b4 surgery. Now i mite be paying for it.thks cindy
Unread 12-07-2011, 12:37 PM

Plus I have 2 huge canker sores I never had those b4. Not a happy person today.
Unread 12-07-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sisters4 View Post
Plus I have 2 huge canker sores I never had those b4. Not a happy person today.
I am so sorry for your loss. You are going thru a lot right now. I can kind of relate. A week before my surgery, my Mom was rushed to the hospital and almost put on life support. We found out that she had a severe case of pneumonia. Two days ago, I just found out that my MOM and my father-in-law have to have heart surgery. My father-in-law has 7 blockages in critical areas and my Mom's aortic valve is severely diseased. Right now she is to weak for surgery and is in a rehab. She can't get into and out of a bed on her own so I am concerned how she is going to handle heart surgery?? I feel for you and I hope it gets a little better for you. Please feel free to email me or just let off steam, I know I feel like I am going to lose it. I feel like my surgery came and went in a flash and I really didn't have any time to prepare or even think much about it with my Mom's sickness and now my recovery time is with much worry over her having heart surgery. Sending healing hugs your way.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register