Weird 'poofy' area question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weird 'poofy' area question Weird 'poofy' area question

Unread 09-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Weird 'poofy' area question

I had a TAH/BSO in May. After a few silver nitrate treatments, I seemed to have healed well. I am still tiring easily. Even after four months I am still exhausted some days after work. And sometimes after sitting for a while, when standing too quickly I will get a 'zinger." But yesterday, I noticed something new. I was looking down at my naked self in the bath tub, getting ready to shave my legs, and noticed the right side of my 5-child pooch and my pubic area appeared puffy and saggy. My scar runs from my belly button down - about 8 inches. Anyone else noticed anything like this? Nothing hurts. It just looks...really weird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2005, 10:08 PM

Isn't it crazy that we still get tired after so long?

I still get the swelly belly after work every day, but just recently had a massive swelling problem. Turned out that it was due to too much work and ovulation at the same time. Did you do something extra physical that could have caused the swelling?
Unread 09-11-2005, 06:23 AM

I came online looking for the swelly belly game thread that was here a few weeks ago because I returned to work last week and experienced the same things...total exhaustion and swelling, expecially on one side above my bikini line incision, especially on the right side. It feels like there's a boulder in there by the end of the day. I should mention that I'm a teacher and because of my assignment I'm really on my feet all day. I'm waiting for some of the kids to ask me if I'm pregnant. They all think I was gone in June for knee surgery, although I have no idea where they got that idea. Here I thought that because I'd had 13 weeks off, none of this would happen as I'd been exercising regularly, had healed well and looked after myself. Grrrrr!
Christina, did your doctor tell you that ovulation would cause swelling?
Thanks for posting ladies. It is nice to know I'm not alone! A couple of my colleagues thought I should immediately call my doctor but by morning things are back to normal, so I guess it's just the "swelly belly". Have either of you tried drinking more water? That was one suggestion I thought I'd try at work on the days I can get to the bathroom!
Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2005, 04:38 PM

Marsellie,

My doctor just figured that between the strenous work I had done and ovulation, my belly swelled up. I hadn't really noticed any extra swelling the last few times it was "that time of the month". I'm hoping it was a one time deal!

About drinking more water...I've been trying to cut back on my caffeine intake, so I've been drinking a lot of water. While my belly has been so massively swelled, I visit the bathroom every hour!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register