Panic! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-28-2001, 08:19 PM
Panic!

Hi everyone,
Ok, I am flipping right out here. My surgery is Wednesday and all of a sudden, I'm losing all control. I am just crying and crying and absolutely positively scared witless!!! My poor husband doesn't know what to do with me, other than hold me. Have I lost my mind here, or is it just the stress of waiting so long for the sugery that is finally catching up with me? Did anyone else manage ok right up til it was almost time for surgery, and then lose your cool? I think it hasn't helped that I have had so much time to think about it and research it. I think maybe I've read way more than I needed to (on the net, in books, etc.) about complications and how your life changes, and how you can be at an increased risk for this or that, and the "hormone hell" and on and on.
I just know I am going to be a complete basket case right before the surgery. I can just picture them having to drag me away from my husband, clutching at his hand and sobbing like a baby!! I wish I could take a valium or something! Do they give you anything to calm you down beforehand if you're really upset? Sorry to carry on, ladies, but I guess I just needed to let some of this out!
Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2001, 08:29 PM
Panic!

I understand how you feel, Tina. I am going for my surgery in 7 and a half hours. getting pretty scared here myself.

Know this though....The surgery that we are getting ready to have is going to help us to feel better. I believe that with all my heart. I have been taking this day to finish getting ready and then to spend a bit of time pampering myself. It has helped a lot.

Also, do not be afraid to lean on your hubby. He loves you. Let him be your strength right now.

I will be praying for you that God helps to calm your nerves and give you some peace tonight.

God bless, sister. Hope to hear from you when we both get home.

Unread 05-28-2001, 09:04 PM
Panic!

Hang in there, the wait is almost over!
I am starting to freak out a little, too, after reading so much about the surgery. (June 7th) But I know that it is the right thing to do, and I have talked to so many women who live such happier lives now that they don't have to put up with all the mess that they used to.
It is normal to freak out before major surgery, and talk to you doc, I am sure they will give you a Xanax or something to relax.
You are going to do just fine! I will pray for you-- let us know how you are doing!
Love from Les
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2001, 09:12 PM
Panic!

Hugs to you Tina!!!
You know what? I bet you are just crying and getting it all out of your system....and when the day comes, you will be calmer than most of us!
That is what usually happens to a lot of people before surgery! Remind your self you have nothing to be scared over, and you have all of us to pray for a wonderful recovery!
Mine is next Monday and I have soem apprehension too, but after crying for two weeks at the drop of a pin, I am actually rather calm.
Rest up dear Lady! You are gong to make it! Enjoy the pampering and all the hugs--regular life will return all too soon!
God Bless. Peanut
Unread 05-28-2001, 09:26 PM
Panic!

Dear Les & SistaSassy,
I'll pray for you as well. I know that is the main thing that has kept me going lately!

Dear Peanut,
Are you a small person? I have a niece we call peanut because she is so little. Just wondering!
Anyway, thanks for the kind words. You know, I've got myself so worked up about the surgery, that I almost forget the reason I'm having it in the first place (cancer). I'm more upset about the surgery than the cancer...now how silly is that?!

Tina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register