Always in pain - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Always in pain Always in pain

Unread 04-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Re: Always in pain

I thought I was crazy. By the time I finally got health insurance to see the dr. I had been dealing with symptoms so long I wasn't even sure what they were. I recall thinking after my consult wow the questions he was asking I didn't even realize I had them. Then I thought maybe it was just in me head and now that I have heard what the symptoms are maybe I was having them only because I had heard him say. Youknow what I mean? He asked about loose stool I said yes sometimes but I think it's because maybe I drank too much wine the night before. Nope. Started noticing the heavy bowling ball feeling. Almost constant lower back pain, just thought I had a bad back or slept wrong or bent too much. Bloated, gas thought well I'm 39 now maybe just getting fat. I mean the gas was so bad sometimes after I ate, when I first started my new job my boss heard it and thought I was just hungry. I agreed with him knowing it wasn't because I had just ate.

Anyway I found this site and realized wow these really are symptoms, I am not crazy.

The months before the surgery were really really bad. Nov. I was moving out had a place lined up to rent to move in two days. Ended up staying, but then again right before my surgery hubby left. I was insane. Sick,no one understood, I really didn't fully comprehend. I was in pain for so long, so grumpy, everyone in my family was tired of me. I was tired of me. Then issues with the kids, school, boys, etc.... I told my husband I hoped I never woke up from the surgery. And I was in the place mentally that I really did mean it. I had no pain meds prior like I see some of you had. I was controlling my pain and bleeding with ibuprophen, I would take 7 pills twice a day for 2 to 3 days when bleeding. It did slow it way down almost to a stop for a long time, but quit working towards the end.

So Feb. I bleed for almost 3 weeks. I had a trip to my best friend house planned to go shopping for daughters prom dress. Had to cancel, stayed in bed all weekend. Daughter was very upset and so was I and best friend. But it did re-assure me that I was so ready for the surgery.

Here I am 10 days post op. Pain has been nothing like I expected. I really have been blessed. Hospital was great. The hardest part for me now is I feel so much better it is hard to stay down. I do a little too much and my body lets me know. I want to work out, get rid of this gut. But that days is coming soon.

Good luck ladies!!! I pray your experience is as good as mine has been!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2012, 08:31 AM

Ace37 - I will definitely post an update re:my surgery as soon as I know. My doctor is smart, compassionate, and has been such an advocate for me and my health - she's the latest in a long line of gynos that were, in my opinion, sub-par in comparison. Yet another reason I am now ready to roll with this.

Good luck to you in May!
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:13 AM

Ok, just got of the phone. Surgery has been scheduled for April 26th. It is so strange that now that I'm scheduled, I feel a lot calmer. Makes me feel like I'm doing the right thing.
Unread 04-09-2012, 07:10 PM

good luck to all of your upcoming surgeries! I have the same thing and am so done with it. And why is it that after you eat you feel like you ate a huge thanksgiving dinner?? lol.. still have another 2 months to go. ugh! Have those of you who have this symptom had an ablation tubal or both??
Unread 04-09-2012, 07:43 PM

Both!
Unread 04-09-2012, 09:25 PM

I was just thinking about all this again today. Last night lower right pain was stabbing in back, night sweats and chils and I thought for sure it was another UTI, went to Urgent Care today, its not, just pelvic pain related to the Ovary and impending menses. I am so DONE, the next 2 weeks cant go quick enough for me.

Good Luck to you all with the upcoming surgery dates.
Unread 04-09-2012, 11:27 PM

Yes I experience that all the time. My surgery has been rescheduled for May 4 and I am so ready to get it over with so I can stop being in pain.
Unread 04-10-2012, 12:15 AM

Well, while we're on the subject of symptoms . . . not sure if my insomnia is due to the fibroids and cysts, or because since they took me off of birth control I am in going into menopause! Of course, once I wake up - I'm up for a while. Just took another natural sleeping pill. It's 2:00 am, so I guess I'll watch another episode of Antiques Roadshow.

Jaydee40 - I've never had any prior surgery or treatments. This will be my first.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register