LAVH Abscess sisters out there? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abscess sisters out there? Abscess sisters out there?

Unread 03-03-2017, 07:29 PM
Abscess sisters out there?

Anyone have to be admitted back to the hospital for abscess? Did yours have to be drained? On day 3 of Cipro/Flagella Antibiotics every 6 and 12 hours by IV in hospital. They said if my fever comes back I will need to transfer out to a nearby hospital that does CT guided drainage of abscess. Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2017, 08:01 PM
Re: Abscess sisters out there?

Hello, Kity here...
Dear csm2007, Your surgery was the day before my surgery...I am so sorry you are having to go through this...I've only had normal drainage but I am constantly checking and worrying especially if I get a twinge, pain or feel flushed. Please post how you are doing.

Know I am praying for a swift recovery for you and wish you well ASAP ! ! !

Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers, !

Kity
Unread 03-05-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kity View Post
Hello, Kity here...
Dear csm2007, Your surgery was the day before my surgery...I am so sorry you are having to go through this...I've only had normal drainage but I am constantly checking and worrying especially if I get a twinge, pain or feel flushed. Please post how you are doing.

Know I am praying for a swift recovery for you and wish you well ASAP ! ! !

Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers, !

Kity
Update: I am home now from three days in the hospital, it would appear that the constant push of IV antibiotics worked. I was sent home with a two week regimen of another antibiotic to take by mouth, and to return immediately if I get a fever or abdominal pain. Thanks for your response and concern.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2017, 06:27 PM
Re: Abscess sisters out there?

Hello, Kity here, Great News csm2007 ! So glad you are out of hospital...Now the hard work sets in....You have to Let Go and Let Others help YOU ! Even if you feel like you "can" do something on the HysterSister's list of Don'ts...don't do it...you owe it to your recovery to just let your body heal. It is really hard not to do everyday things but you don't want to impede your progress...

Keep reading and making posts on the HysterSister site...if in doubt about something you probably should not do, look it up. This group has a wealth of information to help you have a full recovery...read the articles and view the videos the HysterSisters have produced for us "newbies"...and post...someone is about to go through what we went through last week and they may need our help !...

Please be sure not to bend, stoop or pick up anything heavy...if you drop it let someone help you pick it up or just leave it till someone can help you...You still may have to do some things...but you can get inventive, think through the process and find the easiest way to do it...Think ahead and let others help you "ahead of time"...by pre-planning...

Again, I am so glad you are home and on the road to a full recovery...!

All the Best, Kity...!...
Unread 03-05-2017, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csm2007 View Post
Update: I am home now from three days in the hospital, it would appear that the constant push of IV antibiotics worked. I was sent home with a two week regimen of another antibiotic to take by mouth, and to return immediately if I get a fever or abdominal pain. Thanks for your response and concern.
My surgery was December 8 (last year), and I too had an abcess about 2 weeks out. I was able to stay out of the hospital, but just barely. I am 87 days out now, and basically back to normal, except for being off what should have been my "normal" recovery timeline.

I am still draining and my cuff is not healed yet, which my doctor says is normal for having what we've had going on. Seems like forever to be fully healed, but being back at work and regular life takes my mind off things.

I'm glad you are out of the hospital and on the road to full recovery. Take it easy and you'll be feeling great very soon! Best of luck to you!
Unread 03-06-2017, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonMoonlight View Post
My surgery was December 8 (last year), and I too had an abcess about 2 weeks out. I was able to stay out of the hospital, but just barely. I am 87 days out now, and basically back to normal, except for being off what should have been my "normal" recovery timeline.

I am still draining and my cuff is not healed yet, which my doctor says is normal for having what we've had going on. Seems like forever to be fully healed, but being back at work and regular life takes my mind off things.

I'm glad you are out of the hospital and on the road to full recovery. Take it easy and you'll be feeling great very soon! Best of luck to you!
Thank you! :

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register