dVH/RALH so, sex... orgasms feel different? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

so, sex... orgasms feel different? so, sex... orgasms feel different?

Unread 07-08-2011, 09:04 PM
so, sex... orgasms feel different?

My sweet and I had sex this evening for the first time since surgery. Just clitoral stimulation, nothing inside as I had A and P repair and was told nothing inside for 8 weeks. Anyway, it felt different. I had 2 tiny little "blip" orgasms and then done. Nothing. No getting any more. Huh?

I miss the way my uterus would contract during orgasm. And I think I'll miss the way my cervix felt (it's gone now).

Not to be nosey but I'd really like to hear from you gals about your experiences.

fiddle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Re: so, sex... orgasms feel different?

I'm curious too....I'm almost scared when the time comes that I get the ok to do it ..I'm still spotting. I'm wondering if I do have sex or the big "O" will it cause me to bleed heavier and or be painful.....
Unread 07-08-2011, 09:48 PM

I'll have to bow outta this topic---the only research partner I have is 1400 miles away---so I can't offer any decent help!!! *giggle*

T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2011, 10:29 PM

Well.....some say that it is better than ever and some say not so good as before. I am in the not so good as before group. My husband and I always had a wonderful sex life prior to this surgery and now not so much. I can have a really tiny orgasm with external stimulation. Internally nothing as far as the big O goes. I have no feeling in the vaginal canal but when my hubby hits my vaginal cuff it is extremely painful. Afterwards for several days I have quite a bit more pain and cramping. I see my Dr. in August for my 12 month postop visit and this is something that I plan to def. address. It is very disheartening. We used to be intimate ar least 4-5 times a week when I was not bleeding and now we are at one time a week. It is just to painful to do it more often. Thank goodness I have a husband is understanding. That is my experience. hopefully some other ladies with good experiences will chime in.
Unread 07-08-2011, 11:12 PM

Wow, I have two weeks for the ok to have sex from the Doc and this all starting to sound very discouraging! Hubby and I have a great sex life and now I'm afraid it's all never going to be as great as it was.
Unread 07-08-2011, 11:27 PM

Hi ladies
I'm about six months post op. When I was first given the green light, at six weeks things didn't go so well. I had cramps for a few days after and the big o wasn't so big. The good news is that things have gotten much better.
My advise is take your time and don't forget to relax and enjoy yourself.
Unread 07-09-2011, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_LilApple View Post
Wow, I have two weeks for the ok to have sex from the Doc and this all starting to sound very discouraging! Hubby and I have a great sex life and now I'm afraid it's all never going to be as great as it was.
I think what you need to remember is that it is different for everyone. A lot of women report no problems. So just be positive and try to relax about it. My husbands always says
"Never borrow trouble before it happens."

So just relax and concentrate on healing.
Best Wishes in your continued recovery!
Gloria
Unread 07-09-2011, 06:52 AM

I'd like to offer a bit of happiness to this. I was cleared for sex at my 6 week check-up and all of my newly modified girly parts worked just great! I had no change in my ability to orgasm or the sensation of them. Also, one of my biggest concerns was that my DH would be able to "feel" a difference - but am happy to say that he tells me that I felt the same to him.

For the Sisters who are having issues, I hope that you find some relief and comfort.

Those of you who are still waiting for the "green light", I hope you'll keep a positive outlook that things can definitely be good and even better in some cases.

(((((Hugs))))) to everyone. Take care.
Unread 07-09-2011, 01:06 PM

Heya, Thanks for the responses. I was kind of embarrassed to ask but am very glad I did.

fiddle
Unread 07-09-2011, 03:54 PM

We haven't done anything internally yet. I'm cleared for it but very nervous about it. I can tell you that, so far, things don't feel a whole lot different. I also miss the uterine orgasm aspect of it but I honestly see that as one small part of a whole range of sensations/experiences so it's okay by me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register