4 weeks post op - feeling heavy when moving... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post op  - feeling heavy  when moving... 4 weeks post op - feeling heavy when moving...

Unread 06-26-2012, 07:59 PM
4 weeks post op - feeling heavy when moving...

I'm not sure if this will make sense...I'm 4 weeks today and while certainly far more agile and capable, i still find physical movements feel "heavy" .

I'm not sure to describe it, but for example say rolling over in bed, definitely far easier, and certainly still requires caution but the movement itself i feel heavy. Even with most day to day movements and tasks..... showers etc.

does anyone understand that? (if you do you deserve a medal )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Re: 4 weeks post op - feeling heavy when moving...

Hi, (TAH 6/15) Is sounds like your body is very tired. It takes A LOT of energy to heal. Just sitting up and watching TV makes me tired and I need to lay down. Could you be anemic from the surgery? I am. My doc wants me to take iron pills as soon as my digestive system is back to normal. Have you been taking short walks to boost your endurance? Some days I have to force myself to get outside for a few minutes to do a loop around the complex and pick up the mail. Are you eating well...lots of fruits, vegies, protein and lots of water. The body need nutrients to heal.

-Wendy
Unread 06-26-2012, 10:03 PM
4 weeks post op - feeling heavy when moving...

[quote=stubbornunicorn;3801913]I'm not sure if this will make sense...I'm 4 weeks today and while certainly far more agile and capable, i still find physical movements feel "heavy"

Hi Stubborn,
I have the same surgery date as you & I totally know what you mean! I'm pretty much back to my normal activities although still using very guarded and cautious movements. Today I swept & steam mopped my floors. The heaviness makes me move a little slower and reminds me I'm still healing. I'll be happy when the waddle goes away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2012, 01:45 AM

I know exactly what you mean about the heaviest...I am coming up on week four. A fifteen mi ute walk absolutely wiped me out today.
Unread 06-27-2012, 01:55 AM

At 5 weeks post op, I am a week ahead of you. I know the sensation you mean, and don't feel it as much now as I did. I also think it's a reminder that we're still healing and I use any feeling like that as a reminder to slow down again. One week makes a huge difference, I feel so much stronger than a week ago and can do so much more - and my short walks have increased both in distance and speed of walking. I get the 'heavy feeling' when Ive been on my feet just a bit too long - so just take it easy and don't try to rush your progress
Unread 06-27-2012, 03:42 AM

thanks Ladies, I'm glad to know it's normal, and yes i do find it is worse after i have been on my feet for too long, although i have been taking it easy this week.

I have been fairly active overall wjsierra, and i don't think anemia is an issue but thanks for the reminder I will get them to double check that. (you've got me wondering about something now lol) and probably don't eat as well as i should, but definitely not being too lazy (well except today lol) or too active.

thanks well again, you're right a week definitely does make a difference, I am looking forwards to next week when i actually get to rest without worry! (long story lol)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register