4 more days.....eeeckkk! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 more days.....eeeckkk! 4 more days.....eeeckkk!

Unread 06-16-2001, 06:21 AM
4 more days.....eeeckkk!

4 more days....boy do I have knots in my stomach today. Do I ever want to take a long trip away from this. I started to get a little nervous during my pre-ops, only because it meant that surgery is real close. All those fears that have been following me since my surgery was scheduled are still here, even though I have tried to put them into the back of my mind. I know I have made the right decision about the surgery, but its still really scary. On Monday starts my three days of bowel prep...cant wait...lots of cleaning out stuff, then liquids only for two days, till midnight before the surgery. Most everything I wanted to accomplish before this trip to the castle, I have gotten finished. My two small granddaugthers are here with me, at my request, hoping that it would help pass the time and calm me. It has definetly passed the time, they keep me hopping, but it has also tired me out...LOL...but I love having them with me. They are my "babies". Sorry this is getting long, but as I sit here and type this I am in tears and shaking. I think its probably a pretty normal feeling because of the surgery, but just needed to vent a little.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2001, 09:59 AM
4 more days.....eeeckkk!

{{{Jean}}} Hang in there... you're at the door of the castle. It is very normal to feel this way when you're so close to this MAJOR surgery. It's true what they say: the waiting IS the worst part.

Don't forget that the Chat Room is opened and you are bound to find other and ready to offer a helping hand.
Unread 06-16-2001, 06:58 PM
BIG HUGS AND PRAYERS

Hi Jean,

I know exactly how you are feeling. My surgery is 4days away as well. My stomach has been in knots for 2weeks. I have a constant lump in my throat and I am panicky. However, I know that a lot of prayers are being sent my way and these boards are a great place to vent. Just try to think of it as only 4 more days. I have tried this and it seems to help a little. No matter how hard I try I can't seem to find enough to fill my days but the Lord always sends some distraction. I will be in prayer for you and I hope and pray that these 4days will go super fast for both of us.

HUGS & PRAYERS
Tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2001, 07:23 PM
4 more days.....eeeckkk!

I was terrified before my surgery. I scheduled and rescheduled my surgery for two years. I am now almost 4 weeks post-op. Recovery has been great. Can't believe I had major surgery.

Hang in there. Waiting is indeed the worst!

Hugs

Kathy M.
Unread 06-16-2001, 08:05 PM
waiting almost over

I too have been very nervous, have experienced brain fog. But my waiting is almost over as yours will be too. Keep busy and try not to think of it. LOL. The waiting is the worst part I think. But soon this will all be behind us and we can start not having to worry about the next (.) sneaking up on us.

See ya on the other side.

Unread 06-17-2001, 04:42 AM
4 more days.....eeeckkk!

Hugs to you all. This is such an emotional time and I went through the exact same thing before my hysterectomy, so what you are feeling is perfectly normal. Jeloules, it is great that everything is done in time for you to go to the castle, that way when you return you will be able to rest. You give those grand-daughters lots of hugs and kisses and before you know it , you will be on your way. On my last day before I went in, I spent a few hours in the chat room, boy was that a great help. All my hyster sisters cheering me on. Any way here is a big for you to help you get through the next few days. And don't forget we are with you every step of the way. Much love, x x
Unread 06-17-2001, 04:56 AM
4 more days.....eeeckkk!

You sound just like me....I am almost two weeks post op and it is so nice to be on the other side of this surgery....I know what you are going through and believe me, in some ways the waiting is the worst part!!

For me anyway, nothing is ever as bad as you think. Just stay busy with your granddaughters and hopefully the time will fly..

Best of luck to you and tune in often here...It has been a great support to me during my recovery

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register