one week post op and still tired and light headed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

one week post op and still tired and light headed one week post op and still tired and light headed

Unread 04-11-2013, 08:27 PM
one week post op and still tired and light headed

I is one week to the day since my TAH. I am still very tired and light headed at times. I thought I would have more energy by now. I think i might have over done it my first few days home...since as a woman I think i am invincible!!!! driving my son to work and cleaning....stupid!!!
I still have pain when i move a certain way and definitely when i cough or sneeze!!! Has anyone else felt light headed and not very hungry???

I appreciate the input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Re: one week post op and still tired and light headed

I definitely was not driving at one week post op! I was in bed mostly! Be careful to not overdo it!
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:56 PM

Yes, you are feeling normal and yes you over did it! Oh, my, your body has just been through heck, sister! You aren't supposed to lift more than a tea cup for the first two weeks. Please, get off your feet and tell your family you messed up big time. You do not want adhesions -- first two weeks are crucial for good healing. Please, rest, rest, rest and rest and some more!!! Has your doctor cleared you to drive? I think it is very routine to restrict driving the first two weeks and until your reaction is known -- you can stomp on the brake without hesitation, and you are no longer taking pain meds. Oh my, your doctor needs a good talking to not to help you understand the restrictions you should be observing! Please be careful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2013, 11:46 PM

Mlynn, what the heck are you doing??? Please go back to your bed, drink plenty of fluids, and REST! :-) You should know that you need to take better care of yourself now so that you can help your family later. You cannot do it all and you shouldn't even try. You will cause yourself more problems if you don't allow your body to heal correctly.

PLEASE rest. No lifting. No cleaning. Preferably no driving if you can get away with that. We are only given one body, kiddo, and we need to treat it well. Get thee back to bed!!!!!
Unread 04-12-2013, 01:55 AM

I'd add to the other's advice to make sure you are staying hydrated. If you are feeling light-headed, please sit down and rest. My balance wasn't right yet that early in my recovery, you don't want to risk a fall, ouch! And let the house be dirty. Do your spring housecleaning NEXT spring. Take care!
Unread 04-12-2013, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnlynn View Post
I is one week to the day since my TAH. I am still very tired and light headed at times. I thought I would have more energy by now. I think i might have over done it my first few days home...since as a woman I think i am invincible!!!! driving my son to work and cleaning....stupid!!!
I still have pain when i move a certain way and definitely when i cough or sneeze!!! Has anyone else felt light headed and not very hungry???

I appreciate the input!
The first 2 weeks I did pretty much nothing after my TAH
by week 3 and 4 feeling much better.
I am at week 8 now, go back to work next week, but only part time for a couple of weeks--Dr advised me to do this as my job is quite physical.
Rest and take care
Unread 04-12-2013, 01:30 PM

You silly girl, give yourself a break, you just had a big procedure done, you are still recovering from all sorts of assaults on your body..

Sit down, have a big glass of something to drink, put your feet up, read a magazine, watch TV and have that son of yours tell you all about his day at school...that is way enough activity!

Seriously, this time of healing is something that can't be rushed, if you give your body time to heal now, it will pay off in the long run by you not having any issues later. I did my sit downs and now I am five months out and have NO issues...all is well...

My doc told me no driving because of the twisting and leg raising, no mopping, no vacuuming, no sweeping...all she cleared me to do was walk...so that is all I did...I think I did start washing dishes by hand a few weeks out..but to tell the truth I didn't even do much of that because the edge of the kitchen counter was right on a line with my top incision. and it hurt if I bumped it!

Be a princess!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register