When Did You Go Back to Work? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When Did You Go Back to Work? When Did You Go Back to Work?

Unread 12-04-2006, 10:25 PM
When Did You Go Back to Work?

Hi everyone,

I had a LSH (lap supracervical hysterectomy) on Nov. 27, and I'm feeling great. Only had cramps this past Saturday. I'm really taking it easy. I haven't ventured out of the house yet -- I'll know when I'm ready for that!

I was wondering when other ladies who've had LSH returned to work? My Dr. gave me 6 weeks, but said that most women who've had LSH return to work in 2-3 weeks.

I'm in my 2nd week of recuping now, and I don't see myself returning to work next week either! I think a plan to go back after Christmas is more realistic.

Thanks, and I look forward to your responses!

Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2006, 04:27 AM

I had mine the 22nd of Nov. I go back for my 2 week post op on tomorrow and when I was there last Wed. she said she would probably release me to go back to work! I'm looking forward to the release! I'm going stir crazy in this house! Luckily enough, I'm pretty much at a desk all day, so I don't have to be up moving around too much!!
Unread 12-05-2006, 06:20 AM

I had an abdominal hyster, on nov 14th, my doc originally said i could probably go back to work parttime in 4 weeks from surgery, that is next tuesday, and have no desire to go back to work. It might help that my co. laid me off so i can collect but also don't feel up to being to social and dealing w/ the stress. During my last meeting w/ doc before surgery she told me 6 weeks, I know if i pushed the issue, she'd probably release me for part time but she did say, there should be no stress in my life, so im going to try and stay home as long as i can. My famiy has been great the first 2 weeks, but this past week, i seem to have to tell them to empty the overflowing trash barrel, feed the dogs, pick up the papers on the floor, etc etc. so i think thats enough stress for me right now, besides, why go back to work, when my doggies are great companions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2006, 06:31 AM

Hello Sisters

I had my TAH on the 31 Oct. and the doc said I can go back to work after 4 wks. Well, it's now 5 wks. I'm a lunch monitor in a high school, so "work" if you want to call it that (lol) consists of standing/walking for an hour and 15 min. and talking to teens. I enjoy my "work" so I'm back at it tomorrow. Of course, some of my fellow lunch monitors are not quite as confident as I am, and would prefer I take an entire 8 wks. I figure going back will alow me a little exercise.
Unread 12-05-2006, 09:29 AM

I had my LAVH on the 30th. My doctor had told me, "9 out of 10 of his patients go back to work in 10 to 14 days". SO - I showed up to work (1/2 day) on day 9!!

Seriously, although I did go into work about 2 or 3 days from the second week on, I did not put in my first full-time week (50 or more hours) until last week (week 4). I did have an extra surgery during my second week which cost me at least 2 - 3 extra days of down time.
AND, I still get tired by the nighttime (and sometimes get a tiny, painful, swollen belly). I have been running again too!

My vaginal cuff is not healing (maybe because of my second surgery) and I still have a mild case of cellulitis, so I have not been cleared for sex yet - sigh.
Unread 12-05-2006, 10:26 AM

Hi IndigoBlue,

I had a LSH and went back to work at 2 weeks. Looking back..3 weeks would have been nicer. When you return to work, just take it slow and delegate as much as you can. In post-op, we only have the one chance to get it right with our recovery so just go at your own pace.

Sending best wishes~

Mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register