Strange white strip in vagina | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Strange white strip in vagina Strange white strip in vagina

Unread 04-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Strange white strip in vagina

I feel good today except something very strange is going on with my vagina. I've been looking with a mirror about once a week ever since week 3 when I had noticed pain. Well yesterday and today I've noticed something I've never seen before. I have a long "white" strip about 1 inch long. I don't know the name of the parts...it is between the labia (outer part of my vagina and the next small fold). Week 3 my vagina really started to hurt and I called my Dr office. It is were I described to the nurse and she said it was trauma from the vaginal part of my hyster. This is (you all know everything about my privates already) I took a wet qutip to see if I could whip it off and it wouldn't come off.

Why is it white and hurts? What could it be? Does anyone else have this? I have my 5 week appointment on Mon but I thought I would see if anyone else has this or knows what it could be. Is it related to my vaginal cuff infection? I have followed all rules NOTHING in my vagina so what caused it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2008, 04:20 PM

this sounds really strange I'm not a doctor but its weird...hate to think something its trying to come out that shouldnt be there??? when you tried with the q-tip, did the white strip move?? what happens when you pee and wipe yourself?
Unread 04-19-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4hisglory
this sounds really strange I'm not a doctor but its weird...hate to think something its trying to come out that shouldnt be there??? when you tried with the q-tip, did the white strip move?? what happens when you pee and wipe yourself?

No it didn't move when I touched it. It has been there for at least a couple of days through a shower and after wiping myself. It is so strange! I think I'm broken LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2008, 08:15 PM

Hi sw34,
This is something of interest that just might be the cause of your "white stripe".
During my surgery,aTVH, the dr burned the outside of my vagina on the labia with one of the instruments used during my surgery. At first it was a big red sore, which turned in a white stripe during the healing stages. I actually had 3 burns. I had to keep a thin layer of silver nitrate applied on the burns at all times. It took about 5 weeks for the burns to finally heal.Talk about your PAIN!!! It is not a very good spot to be burnt. The dr said I could also apply a little vaseline on the burns also.
Maybe you could contact your doctor just to inquire if maybe it is a burn????
I wish you luck on your recovery,and my thoughts will be with you.
Unread 04-20-2008, 11:54 AM

Shannon2

Hey it could be a burn. I called at 3 weeks because it hurt so bad. Of course my vagina was swollen but I also had brusing and it looked puffy and deep purple color. I've also noticed some small bumps. I still have the bumps and now the white stripe. I bet your right and that is what happend. How in the heck did that happen there? Good thing I was knocked out and didn't feel it. I've noticed it has taken along time for that part to heal. I'm still sore at the end of the day I wonder if that is why. Thank you! I go for my 5 week tomorow so I'll let you know what my Dr says.
Unread 04-21-2008, 05:43 AM

Ouch! I wonder if this is an area they normally use the cauterizing tool on or if it was an "accidental hit"... It makes sense that it would be white because that's what color a scab is when moist. Isn't it interesting the doc referred to it as "trauma"?
Unread 04-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Strange white stripe in vagina - UPDATE

I went for my 5 week appointment today. My Dr said it is a yeast infection. He said it could have been caused by the antibiotics I took for my vaginal cuff & bladder infection or it could have been caused from the soap I use or even the pads I used.

I've had several yeast infections before and I've never had a white stipe so I guess you learn something new everyday.

Thanks for all your replies.
Unread 04-21-2008, 06:58 PM

Hey sw34,
Glad to hear things are going to be okay. I am surprised that it is a yeast infection? I have never had one with a white stripe. Then again I have been lucky in my life to only had a very few.KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!
Anyways, trust in your dr,and I hope things will improve for you.
Best wishes!!!
Unread 04-21-2008, 07:03 PM

Shannon
Thanks! I know I haven't either white stripe who would have thought. I'll be glad when the antibiotics kick in and it won't hurt.
Unread 04-21-2008, 11:04 PM

Hey Shelly, I had the exact same thing. I described it to my Dr & she said it sounded like a burn from one of the cauterizing instruments. She said do not put anything on it, other than warm water.

I started using a peri bottle to spray warm water on it after using the bathroom. Mine was about 1/2 wide white stripe with two red stripes on the outside. It didn't change much for 2 weeks & was the last spot that was painful. Over the last few days, (since I've been using the peri bottle) it is soooooo much better.

I don't want to call your Dr a liar, but a yeast infection in a straight stripe, come on. I had chronic yeast infections with one pregnancy, & I guarantee it was never in a straight line.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register