TVH feeling nauseous and dizzy since my hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

feeling nauseous and dizzy since my hysterectomy feeling nauseous and dizzy since my hysterectomy

Unread 06-19-2014, 10:30 AM
feeling nauseous and dizzy since my hysterectomy

I had my TVH( kept both ovaries) june 9th and since ive been home i have had a few aches and pains but nothing like my menstrual cycles b4 surgery! The only pain meds i have taken were ibupropen and ive prob taken 6 or 7 since i left hospital. i have had no bleeding at all since i had my surgery. I was having a tad bit of lightly pink tinted discharge when i wiped but havent even had that in about 2 days. Finally got my bowels working. Their not completely back to normal but getting there. My problem is feeling so dizzy and lightheaded and nauseous! My bday was on the 15th and me my husband and kids went to my dads and stopped by walgreens on the way to get a few things and i went on a aisle by myself and i got so dizzy i couldnt find what i was looking for and just felt like i was floating. I yelled for my hubby to come find what i needed and we got out of there. Ever since then ive been getting this feeling and its not from standing up to fast or from laying around too much or anything like that. I can be just sitting and all the sudden this weird lightheaded feeling will come over me and it makes me nauseous! Just about 30 mins ago i got the feeling and what brought it on this time was i fixed a bowl of cereal and had a few bites then the more i ate the more nauseous i felt then dizzy and lightheaded again. Im still feeling that way right now! Alot of times it starts while eating then other times ill b doing something or sitting and watching tv and it will come over me! Im afraid to try and drive myself anywhere til this stops and its a scarey feeling sometimes!! Can anyone relate to what im discribing or tell me what this is caused from? Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2014, 11:33 AM
Re: feeling nauseous and dizzy

I'm having the same problem and have no clue what is causing it. I have an appointment with my doctor next week and am planning on asking her about it.
You're right...there is no rhyme or reason as to when the lightheadedness starts or stops or why. I was at my friend's house and felt it start. We were sitting down, chatting, no change in position when it started.
Unread 06-19-2014, 12:24 PM

Well i was thinking at first mine was mayb from all the pain meds they injected in my arm and iv while at hospital cuz they had a hard time getting my pain under control but now that its been a week and a half since i left the hospital i wouldnt think i would still be having affects from the meds! Then i was thinking mayb my hormones are all out of wack cuz i read sometimes when u keep your ovaries it takes them a little while to start back up again but the lightheaded,dizzy nauseous feeling is really the only symptom i have so i dont know!! Let me know what u find out at your doctors appt if u dont mind cuz i think my appt is in 2 weeks if im not mistaken!! Thanks😊
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2014, 12:29 PM

Ive been light headed as well but didnt really think about it until now. Guess I should pay more attention to my body.
Unread 06-19-2014, 12:50 PM

I had a LAVH June 11th and have been getting the nauseous feeling but not the lightheadedness. I can get the nauseousness to go away simply by walking. I would be calling about the lightheadedness though, your blood pressure could be getting too low or a severe drop in your blood sugar. I'm not trying to scare you but I was told anything that felt out of the norm I should call on, that's what the nurses are there for.

~Michele
Unread 06-19-2014, 03:20 PM
Re: feeling nauseous and dizzy since my hysterectomy

You might trying just resting more. I know I was very weak at times after my surgery. Could it be a virus ? 7 up and crackers or a tums ? My dr gave me a patch in the hospital and it was heavenly ! And a pill you put under your tongue for nausea.
Unread 06-19-2014, 03:29 PM
feeling nauseous and dizzy since my hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiarose View Post
You might trying just resting more. I know I was very weak at times after my surgery. Could it be a virus ? 7 up and crackers or a tums ? My dr gave me a patch in the hospital and it was heavenly ! And a pill you put under your tongue for nausea.
No i dont think its a virus cuz it comes and goes! Like right now im just fine. I havent been doing to much, just a lil laundry here and there and I havent left the house since my bday on the 15th. My husband works but hes good about bringing me anything i need cuz with the dizziness im scared it will come over me while im driving! Hopefully it will pass. My cousin is a nurse and she said she hears of these symptoms a good bit out of hysterectomy patients so i am hoping its a normal symptom but i will find out when i see my dr!! Thanks for the advise!!!
Unread 06-19-2014, 03:38 PM

Yeah with this surgery there are so many things that pass, thank The Lord ! Who'd want all the 'monkey business' forever !!!
Unread 06-19-2014, 03:58 PM

Hi
I was really lightheaded for weeks, the surgeon put it down to blood loss during surgery, so my blood pressure was really low I guess. I also find after any surgery that I feel a bit odd for about 2 weeks afterwards, as if the anaesthetic is still lurking around in my body.
Maybe try eating more green veg and red meat to get a bit more iron in your diet?
The other possibility is an inner ear issue? I get this from time to time, leads to dizzy attacks and nausea that comes on unexpectedly.
Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 06-19-2014, 04:17 PM

No inner ear issues here. It's not from the anesthesia or pain meds. It's not a virus. I eat plenty of protein and green, leafy stuff. I know what my total blood loss was from surgery and I have more than made up for it already. My surgery was almost 6 weeks ago...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register