Epesiotomy (sp?) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Epesiotomy (sp?) Epesiotomy (sp?)

Unread 09-30-2002, 08:51 PM
Epesiotomy (sp?)

I am waiting on a date to have a LAVH.... .. and i am wondering if anyone can help me with this ?

Do they cut you "down there" when they do this procedure .. i am not sure i am spelling it right .. but i have had all my children C-Section .... and wondering if they give you an epesiotomy(sp?) when the do the LAVH vaginal.....

If anyone could answer me .. i would greatly appreciate it.

Also.. did anyone else get discouraged waiting on a date to get set ? I feel like jus giving up and thinking i can live with all the goshdarnawful pain everymonth ... was hoping to have it done before this next month's visit.. grrrrrrrrr .. and i am only approx 3days away from that .. and i am gettin soooooooo depressed about it all!!!!!! .. any suggestions?

Thank You for this site ... it has already helped alot in my decision process!!!!!

Janelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2002, 08:58 PM
Epesiotomy (sp?)

I had a LAVH 9-17 and they did not cut me "down there". I thought they were going to but they actually only cut the standard 4 places on my tummy. I am not sure if that is the case foa all, but hopefully it helps you some!
Unread 10-01-2002, 05:25 AM
((( Janelle ))))

Hang in there.... It is true the waiting is the hardest part. I had an LAVH and they did not cut me down there. Waiting is really hard and especially if you don't have a date. But remember one thing, when you get to the other side, life will be better! One thing will be sure, you will be well prepared when your time comes with the information and support you gain here! Good Luck!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2002, 08:02 AM
epesiotomy

I had LAVH/BSO and I only had 3 small incisions in my abdomen, nothing else. And yes, waiting is really hard! I had just over a month between scheduling surgery and having surgery and it just made me crazy! But oh, so worth it! And this website has been a Godsend. There are so many things I learned, pre and post op. The best part is knowing I'm not alone, I'm not strange, and my questions aren't goofy, LOL! There's a great list of Do's and Don'ts for post op; make sure you read them. They're funny, but true. Good luck!
Unread 10-01-2002, 04:03 PM
janelle

It is the hardest ...waiting for a date ...then waiting for the date to come! I hope you get your date soon. It took me almost 3 months to get a date after seeing my GYN ! And then ..the date was set for 2 more months down the road! My date is oct 28th and it can't come fast enough! It will be 5 months since I started on this journey! Really I should have gone in and got the ball rolling 5 years ago when I really started to have trouble! Hindsight...bla bla bla ! Anyway....girlfriend! hang in there ....you will get your date soon and that will give you peace of mind to know that this is really going to happen! Try to keep positive!
Unread 10-01-2002, 05:15 PM
Waiting too

I'm waiting for a date for my LAVH also..Glad to know I might not have an episiotomy...I'm very anxious too
Unread 10-01-2002, 05:55 PM
Epesiotomy (sp?)

Hi Janelle,

I had a TVH with A & P repairs - I was cut, but I think that's only when they have to do repair work for a rectocele and/or a cystocele, so I am hoping neither you or faithful0 will have to have an episiotomy, but if you do, be sure to ask your doctors what you can use to ease the discomfort, and sit on a "donut" pillow to keep the pressure off of the area. That helps alot.

Since only your doctor can tell you what he plans to do, please call him in the morning and ask. Please don't worry about something that might not even happen.

's

Karen
Unread 10-01-2002, 06:27 PM
waiting.........

I had an LAVH on 9/3/02 and I did not have an episiotomy. Actually I was surprised that it didn't look all mangled down there or something!! I just had to look. The waiting is the worst part, I know. But believe me when the princesses say that it's worth the wait... it really is. I didn't believe it until I found this site at one week post-op and everyone is sooooooo helpful. Keep your head up....this too shall pass.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register