Autoimmune disorder after hysterectomy? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Autoimmune disorder after hysterectomy? Autoimmune disorder after hysterectomy?

Unread 10-13-2014, 04:54 AM
Re: Autoimmune disorder after hysterectomy

I know this is a very old thread, but after years of issues post hysterectomy, thought I would share in the event someone is looking. I was diagnosed with MS 7 years post hysterectomy. After getting sick on just about every MS drug, I started to do some research and went natural. Vitamin D and hormones….yes…hormones that no GYN will prescribe for a woman without a uterus…progesterone is an important hormone to repair and service the myelin sheath on the nerves in the brain along with a laundry list of other benefits sans uterus. Also, because of the latency of MS during pregnancy, they have identified Estriol as a form of estrogen that causes the latency. I use bioidentical hormones and have not progressed since being diagnosed with my first flare-up, so my fingers are crossed. Just last week I had to walk out of an endocrinology office because this man looked me in the face and sternly told me I was going to stop my progesterone immediately and taper off estrogen. I let him know depressed suicide wasn’t an option for me (which was where I was when I started HRT) and he still didn’t care. I have had women and men physicians at the countries best hospitals look me in the face and tell me I don’t need any hormones. I have a full hysterectomy, no ovaries. Please keep searching and remain cautious of doctors old opinions based on the WHO report from eons ago. They recently released a report that if physicians HAD been prescribing HRT all along 50,000 women who died prematurely of heart issues could have lived. I strongly believe there is a substantial correlation between losing female hormones and my MS diagnosis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2014, 04:50 PM

Sunnysobe, I AM looking and appreciate your post. I am trying to figure out what has been going on since I was three months post op. I have an autoimmune thyroid condition, Hashimoto's Disease (that became symptomatic only after the surgery) and I have recently been to a bio-identical hormone doc that said that I am post menopausal and needed estrogen, progesterone and a little testosterone. I didn't have my ovaries removed, but that WOULD explain a lot of these symptoms that started. She also knows the correct way to treat the thyroid. Anyway, when I called my surgeon, they insisted I didn't need hormones and to have them check them next time. As I sort through this long maze, I appreciated your post!
Unread 10-23-2014, 02:49 AM

This is a very interesting discussion. I am not at the point of having a hysterectomy yet but in the last 5 or 6 years have developed a number of conditions that have been mentioned here (IBS, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis). I have also been diagnosed with Osteoarthritis, Cold Urticaria, Fructose Intolerance, and Lactose Intolerance but not sure if these are auto immune related conditions. What I do know is this all started after a very stressful period in my life when I wasn't in a very good place, don't want to ever get that low again. I was told that stress was the cause of my IBS and the urticaria started around the same time. There is a lot to be said for the brain-gut connection playing havoc with our bodies.
Unread 09-02-2015, 04:56 AM
Autoimmune disorder after hysterectomy?

Yes this has been mind. I had a total hysterectomy 2 years ago. At age 46
I started having upper arm pain first the dr said frozen shoulder than my foot started stinging just bad pain burning and stinging. Than my upper legs started giving out
After a mri of spine they find spinal lesions I now have ms I started the iv steroids, no fun. I can barely walking. I just had the spinal tap.i also have 6 herniated disc.so I wounder if this is from. My hysterectomy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register