Gallbladder removal | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hyster Sisters Extras and Add-Ons > In Search of Info/Support for .....

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Gallbladder removal Gallbladder removal

Unread 12-19-2010, 06:26 PM
Gallbladder removal

Well my surgery is Dec. 22. I am getting a bit nervous. I keep flashing back to my hysterectomy. I know these are two different procedures but it is like I am having some kind of post stress or something. I keep reliving the pain from hysterectomy and remembering when I was out of it but could hear them and I could not breath. I could hear them talking about me not breathing. The pain was unbearable when I woke up and continued to be that way for days. I also had to have a blood transfusion and I ended up being very weak. A part of me wants to cancel because of this. Yes, I am in a little pain from my gallbladder, my gallbladder is swollen, and I have a host of other symptoms. As trivial as it is I even thought about the additional scars from the lap procedure. My hysterectomy scar turned out bad and I have a keloid scar. Anyway thanks for letting me vent a bit. I know I have to do it just like I have to get my bladder issues fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2010, 07:03 AM
Re: Gallbladder removal

Shena -

on your surgery date.

G.
Unread 12-22-2010, 07:29 PM

Gallbladder stones or malfunction can cause complications that can be fatal. I'm having an ultrasound tomorrow to see if my gallbladder attack warrants removal. Hope not but it was scary, particularly with the fever and chills, and feeling too exhausted to get out of bed to tell my hubby I needed to go to the ER. Luckily I recovered from it somewhat but I still can't eat anything without facing some painful consequences. I hear that gallbladder surgery is usually a walk in the park compared to other surgeries if it's a lap. Good luck
Unread 12-23-2010, 02:45 AM

Update:
Not feeling to bad at all. The staff at surgery center were wonderful. The anesthesia went well because I talked to them about the previous experience. I can't say enough positive things about the nurses and my doctors. My gallbladder came out without problems and my gynecologist removed adhesions on my right ovary. He could not remove the adhesions on the left ovary because he said they were really bad. My ovary is covered and the adhesions are stuck to my intestines. He said he would have to go in through the stomach to remove the adhesions there to keep from nicking my bowels. He also said that if I am not in any pain from it, which I am not in pain on my left side, then don't worry about it at this point. My cervix was fine. So this part is all over. A little sore but at this point I don't need the pain meds. I can use tylenol. So now within the next year I can focus on getting my urine leaks fixed. I am no longer afraid. Thank you all for all the support and encouragement.
Unread 01-09-2011, 06:05 AM

i to had ALOT of complcations after my hyst and was sooo afraid to have my gallbladder out..glad thear yours went smooth. mine did to.
im so glad i did it! even though i really cant eat alot still i feel alot better after every meal i would be so sick and that is now goneits actually forced me to be a better eater..
Unread 01-09-2011, 08:02 AM

Coffeelover I am so glad to hear that it went well for you. It is wonderful that you feel better after meals. I am glad it is behind us both with good outcomes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register