Just Scheduled Hyster | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just Scheduled Hyster Just Scheduled Hyster

Unread 10-23-2001, 06:54 PM
Just Scheduled Hyster

WELL I JUST RECIEVED MY PAPERWORK FOR MY HYSTER. IT WILL BE ON DECEMBER 3RD. I AM GOING TO GO CRAZY WAITING. IT WAS MY CHOICE TO WAIT UNTIL DECEMBER BECAUSE OF A VACATION, BUT I WOULD BE GLAD TO HAVE IT DONE WITH. I AM SO TIRED OF FELLING BAD AND LIVING IN THE BATHROOM. I AM TRYING TO KEEP BUSY PLANNING OUR VACATION TO KEEP MY MIND OFF OF THE WAITING. HOPEFULLY IT WILL GO FAST. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR MEALS YOU CAN FREEZE FOR HUSBANDS WHO CAN'T COOK?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2001, 08:17 PM
Just Scheduled Hyster

My surgery is 3 weeks away. Luckily I had my vacation last week, so now the time seems to be flying since I'm so busy with work. I say that now, but I still have 3 weeks to go.

I had blood work done today, so that brought the reality of the situation to me. I think I'm in denial over this. I'll probably be a nervous wreck the night before.

Good luck and keep busy.
Wendy
Unread 10-23-2001, 09:51 PM
Just Scheduled Hyster

Hi,
Am scheduled the 28th of Nov to have it all taken out.
As far as dinner goes..
Frozen foods, Swanson, Banquet and others come to mind..
LOL.
Just about anything you make will freeze well if you have an air tight bag, or container if it will be used soon.
Best to you & a fast recovery.
Sharon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2001, 06:59 AM
Just Scheduled Hyster

Tami - Welcome to hysterisisters. Stock up on lots of freezer and pantry meals...that's the easiest. From now until your surgery date...make extra of your family's favorite meals and freeze the leftovers for a fast meal later on. When friends and family ask what they can do...suggest they bring a meal over the first week. My dh scheduled everyone so there was a meal each night the first week...one family member brought pizza, another chicken...a friend brought a roast, pot, gravy etc. I didn't feel like eating much the first few weeks...but the family loved it.

Keep cash at home for delivery foods also

Another thing...with the holiday season coming close after your surgery..start early so you don't over do it.
Unread 10-24-2001, 07:54 AM
Welcome, Tami!!

Glad you found us! You have been given alot of good suggestions for meals. There's not too much I can add to that except, I did buy the family size cans of soup so DH would have something ultra simple to fix. He is a great cook, but like all of us, doesn't always feel like cooking so that gave him something simple and nutritious to prepare on those days.

My best wishes to you! BIG
Unread 10-24-2001, 03:34 PM
Just Scheduled Hyster

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR THE GREAT TIPS. I AM TRYING TO GET MY CHRISTMAS SHOPPING STARTED SO I WON'T HAVE TO RUSH. I AM ALSO FINDING FRIENDS WHO WILL HELP WITH DAILY ACTIVITIES. I THINK I WILL TRY FREEZING SOME EASY TO THAW MEALS.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register