LAVH 2 days post op and sore as Hell & NOT sleeping... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 days post op and sore as Hell & NOT sleeping... 2 days post op and sore as Hell & NOT sleeping...

Unread 06-04-2011, 01:00 PM
2 days post op and sore as Hell & NOT sleeping...

I am 2 days post op, everything went great. I came home yesterday afternoon b/c I was up and moving around and really amazing my nurse & Dr. I should have taken it slower b/c now I'm sore as hell. My lower back is killing me as well as my arms. I just want to go to sleep for the next few days and be done with this. Plus apparently they were suppose to give me something to help me sleep... well.... they didn't!!! It feels like I bit the crap out of my tonuge {?} hurts worse than when I got my tounge ring. uggghhh!!!

Plus my family left me home alone last night and they are gone again this afternoon. So I am doing it all myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Re: 2 days post op and sore as Hell & NOT sleeping...

Awww Jen! I'm so sorry your so sore and can't sleep. Call the dr and get some sleep meds. Then yell at your family for not taking care of you! Try a heating pad for your back. Hope things get better soon! Sending (((healing hugs))) your way!
Unread 06-04-2011, 01:36 PM

Hi
I think this is the day we pretty much all get that some call MACk truck day because you feel like you have been hit by one. Take you pain meds and sleep as much as you can or even just curl up in bed and read. But make sure you take the pain pills as often as allowed getting on top o the pain is important and keeping it under control by not missing a dose of pain killers those first few days will save you a world o hurt trust me i let it lapse a couple of times and had to go through the getting back on top of it not fun. I would say kick families butt you shouldn't be out o bed but to walk a little to the bathroom and lifting leg to kick them will hurt lol. Tomorrow will be better. Today is the day all the good hospital drugs have worn off and the home ones aren't cutting it yet. I remember taking so many pain pills and gravol and sleeping most of the first 3 days home but set alarm to take pain meds i didnt an would wake in excruciating pain from missed doses. Heat pack was my best friend and helped with the gas too.

BIG HUGS
Mysty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2011, 06:38 PM

sorry such a lousy day I am at day two sore as heck and not sleeping stay on topof pain medicine and tell your family you need help i am starting to worry because my thighs are swelling up and my doctor has not returned call yet. hugs and sympathy your way
Unread 06-04-2011, 06:48 PM

aw Jen. sorry you're having such a bad day..tell your family you need them to be home to take care of you; if you finally do rest, it's nice to have someone there to answer the phone, etc.

Pain meds- you should have been sent home with something..call your dr if you can and get something.

I hope it gets better for you soon!

((hugs))
Unread 06-04-2011, 07:28 PM

Poor thing! I'm so sorry :0(

I hope you shake your fist at your family for bailing on you like this. I remember the horrible insomnia. I got so desperate that I posted up on my facebook page begging for someone to bring me some sleeping meds. No one had any, but they told me how wonderfully benadryl works as a sleeping aid. It helped a ton!

I hope you get meds and lots of rest.

Big hugs to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register