Yeast Infection/Uti Are they common after surgery. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yeast Infection/Uti Are they common after surgery. Yeast Infection/Uti Are they common after surgery.

Unread 05-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Yeast Infection/Uti Are they common after surgery.

Just wondering if yeast infections are common after surgery. I had my hyst done on May 22, so I am a week post op. I s. pos. that I have a yeast infection. Today, I feel as though I may be getting a UTI. Burning when I pee and having to go A LOT more often. I have also had more pain today than I ever had. Dr. appt in the morning. But just wanted everyone's input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2013, 05:27 PM
Re: Yeast Infection/Uti Are they common after surgery.

Ask for a urine test you probably need an antibiotic ! I had the same,plus a kidney infection!!i took 2 kinds of different pills ! Cipro and augmenton! Good luck to you!!!
Unread 05-29-2013, 05:42 PM

I had my TAH on 5/6.....got an infection in my left hand....lots of antibiotics...then got yeast infection on last Saturday (from antibiotics?) Got 3 day suppositories from Walmart and all was good til yesterday when I started lightly spotting.....Dr appt Friday at 8am!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2013, 05:47 PM

I had never had a yeast infection but got one a few weeks after surgery, I think due to long panty liner use. Doc wouldn't prescribe anything other than OTC clotrimazole cream available at Wal-Greens. A full tube plus cleared it and it never returned. Hope to never experience that again.
Unread 05-29-2013, 09:33 PM

Yeast infections are common after antibiotic use. There are some posts that also mention thrush post surgery. I haven't had a UTI from my surgery but have had in the past. If you don't have symptoms you can help your body fight by drinking plenty of water and some cranberry juice. If you can't drink cranberry due to the sugar or taste try cranberry capsules. If it burns when you urinate or your urine is cloudy contact your doctor.
Unread 05-30-2013, 03:21 AM

I had 2 UTIs and antibiotics cleared it up. I often felt like I had thrush but the Dr tested twice and neither time was it thrush. Just some weird post op pain. I would talk to the Dr about the pain on weeing. I didn't go straight away and it traveled to my kidneys. Best to get it checked just to be sure. Good luck
Unread 05-30-2013, 03:57 AM

Im glad u posted this as i am having exactly the same problem. Had lavh done on 23rd. I got antibiotic from doc this morning. I am taking natural yogurt with lots of bacteria to help thrush and bowel. Im sure we will be fine but like u my pain on walking had increased. Keep me posted on how you are x

QUOTE=bran0620;4103944]Just wondering if yeast infections are common after surgery. I had my hyst done on May 22, so I am a week post op. I s. pos. that I have a yeast infection. Today, I feel as though I may be getting a UTI. Burning when I pee and having to go A LOT more often. I have also had more pain today than I ever had. Dr. appt in the morning. But just wanted everyone's input[/quote]
Unread 05-30-2013, 06:24 AM

They really seem pretty common. I was discharged from the hospital with an UTI and picked up another one 2 weeks ago. Add to that a gum infection and i think its a reflection of the pressure put on our bodies as a whole and our immune system in particular. Hoping everything settles down for us all real soon.
Unread 05-30-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze1062 View Post
Im glad u posted this as i am having exactly the same problem. Had lavh done on 23rd. I got antibiotic from doc this morning. I am taking natural yogurt with lots of bacteria to help thrush and bowel. Im sure we will be fine but like u my pain on walking had increased. Keep me posted on how you are x

QUOTE=bran0620;4103944]Just wondering if yeast infections are common after surgery. I had my hyst done on May 22, so I am a week post op. I s. pos. that I have a yeast infection. Today, I feel as though I may be getting a UTI. Burning when I pee and having to go A LOT more often. I have also had more pain today than I ever had. Dr. appt in the morning. But just wanted everyone's input
[/quote]

going to.dr today
hoping for relief! will let u know!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register