SAH Life Post-Surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Life Post-Surgery Life Post-Surgery

Unread 02-26-2011, 03:31 PM
Life Post-Surgery

Just curious: for those of you who have at least a few months under your belt, has your life experiences post-surgery been what you expected/hoped?

It's been 7 months for me. While I feel really good physically, I now realize that I blamed Aunt Flo for a lack of ability to exercise (always too tired, or too crampy, or too...bloody LOL). 7 months later, and I still can't get myself into a regular exercise routine. Apparently I just don't want to do it!!!

How is everyone else doing with their new lives? I feel like I should be doing so much more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2011, 12:19 AM
Re: Life Post-Surgery

My life was quite good before the surgery and that continued after the surgery. The surgery, however, gave me two big bonuses: No more heavy periods with major cramps and my bladder is back to normal. I couldn't go much more than a half hour without visiting a bathroom or having leaking issues.
I am the sort of person who has always had tons of energy and I continue to have it. I do need to be motivated when it comes to exercise and I am very lucky to have a friend who is an exercise nut; she drags me out to walk daily. Maybe if you can team up with a friend, you might be more inclined to go out and get moving.
Unread 02-27-2011, 12:26 AM

Other than my weight gain, my biggest problem seems to be my erratic sleep: falling asleep at 3pm, up half the night, not wanting to wake up...

But! I am exercising, back to work, and progressing, And I am HAPPY!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2011, 06:49 AM

Hi!! The quality of my life pre-surgery wasn't so good. I had constant pain, constant bleeding (maybe a week with no bleeding), and heavy bleeding. The surgery has eliminated all of that and I am so thankful. However, I still feel like I'm 'recovering' and it just feels like my healing process is taking a long time. I had to have a 2nd surgery right after the hysterectomy to remove a hematoma that was on my bladder..that 2nd surgery really did a number on me. I needed two transfusions, had a drain placed in my abdomen..I think I've been healing more from that surgery than the hysterectomy. I have been having hormone issues (I kept my ovaries) and that has been a bummer too. I am realizing that it's going to probably take me a full year to fully recover from the surgeries. That all being said - not waking up to pain, bladder pressure, and bleeding..the surgery was so worth it. Lately what's been a little hard to deal with is people who don't understand why some days I'm really tired, or if I overdo it the day before and my swelly belly & aches return. Hugs to everyone -

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register