I am so lost!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am so lost!! I am so lost!!

Unread 02-01-2012, 08:53 PM
I am so lost!!

I found this site after being told in the er on monday that I have fibroids. I went to my family doctor on Monday because of severe lower back pain and was sent to the er because they suspected a herniated disk. I was told that I do not have a herniated disk but that I have fibroids on my uterus. So of course I researched all the information online and ran into this site and was amazed by all the similarities in the symptoms I have had for quit sometime but just figured it was due to getting older or IBS. Some of the symptoms I have had is weight gain, I look like I am 6 months pregnant. Heavy bleeding I am now bleeding thru a super plus tampon and have to wear a pad with it. Horrible cramps I have to stay in bed for 2-3 days every month. Horrible lower back and leg pain. Frequent urination and some incontinence. Bowel problems where I am either constipated or I am running to the bathroom with diarrhea. And I always have pain tenderness in my lower abdominal region and have mentioned it several times at checkups and it was always disrigarded.

So I was told at the ER I have fibroids but I got the MRI report and it does not mention fibroids it says that I have "thickening of the uterus junctional some containing punctate T2 hyper signal intensities are noted". And at the end of the report it says that "findings are suggestive of uterine adenomyosis. Clinical correlation suggested"

I have done research on all three and I dont know if I have fibroids adenomyosis or Endometrial Hyperplasia. I have made an appointment with my OBGYN for next week but I am one of those people that have to know right now lol. I am not good at waiting, which I have a feeling I will have to get used to.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thank you...BTW I was also told years ago that i have a tilted uterus if that means anything lol.

Im not really asking for medical advise I just want to know if maybe I missed something in my research and this is all the same thing or if it is possible that I have three isolated diagnosis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Re: I am so lost!!

Not sure what all the medical stuff means but I had many of the same symptoms and I had adeno and fibroids along with a large amount of adhesions. I do feel better now that they are gone.

Obviously, you have some kind of female issue. I know its hard to wait but I'm sure your dr. can give you more info on what exactly is going on and tell you your options.
Unread 02-02-2012, 08:14 AM

Trish,
I also have lower back pain. Sometimes very overwhelming. I also feel like I am sleeping on an orange. She sent me for ultra sound. Then to obgyn. Turns out I have fibroids. To many to count... what does that mean! The large one is the size of being pregnant for 5 months. So I have to get a hysterectomy. But first lupron shots to shrink the fibroid. Yesterday was the first shot. Hope this helps.
-Joni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2012, 08:29 AM

If your MRI suggests adenomyosis then you may not have fibroids. I was thought to have fibroids had MRI and it came back no fibroids I have adeno. I would call dr see if he can give you a more clear diagnosis.
Unread 02-02-2012, 08:37 AM

I had fibroids and adeno - double whammy - but didn't know about the adeno until after my post-op pathology report.

Either way, it's no fun. Best of luck to you!
Unread 02-02-2012, 08:47 AM

I just got my path report back after having my hysterectomy (TVH) a wk ago. I had 6 fibroids, all 3 types, and a uterus measuring 9x6x7 cm. The bleeding was not as heavy as about a year ago, but my periods lasted two weeks and I had to get up 3x/night to void. I also had abdominal pain after exercising and looked pregnant. Although my uterus was not as large as others I am a small person.I had two transvaginal ultrasounds 9 mos apart and there was no change in size of the fibroids. Since I am perimenopausal, it may have been easier for me to make the decision. Best of luck with your appointment. I hope you continue to find the support you need here!
Unread 03-07-2012, 12:06 AM

sorry ladies my pain got really bad and i didnt do much of anything for a couple of weeks and i lost the thread. just figured out how to view my past threads and posts . I want to thank you for you stories I really appreciate it. In conclusion I have adeno also confirmed with US, fibroid and a complex cyst on my ovary. Thanks again

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register