How did you get an adeno diagnosis before hysterectomy? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How did you get an adeno diagnosis before hysterectomy? How did you get an adeno diagnosis before hysterectomy?

Unread 04-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Re: How did you get an adeno diagnosis?

I replied before my surgery that my adeno was picked up on an mri. It was confirmed after surgery that I did have it. Basically with adeno the lining of your uterus grows into the muscle of your uterus. Each monthly cycle you actually bleed inside your uterus trapping blood in the muscle causing hematomas. This causes the uterus to enlarge overtime to not contract properly causing those huge excruciating clots. Personally I was so at my wits end that I had thoughts of sucide becauseof the pain. I went through two male ggynecologists who dismissed my story. I went back to my family doctor and begged for a referral to another gyn. She agreed but told me it would be two years possibly. I left, got in my car and bawled hysterically. I even prayed.
At 32 after 5 years of unbelievable pain, periods lasting sometimes two weeks, heavy bleeding and clots so bad I resorted to wearing adult diapers I just had it. My doc scheduled an ultrasound. They found a complex solid mass with blood flow on my ovary. I was then sent for an MRI which picked up the adeno. I was given the "you are young and otherwise healthy " to prepare me for possible cancer and treatment then fast tracked to the best female gyn ever. Someone finally understood!
I had my lavh on March.21st last month. In recovery the gyn came in and told me the mass had disappeared completely so I got to keep both ovaries. I truly believe that day in the car my prayers were answered.
I am doing well and still have to remind myself that I will never experience those terrible periods again (and no more paps Good luck to all who are going through this process or already have. So glad I can live my life pain free and properly care for my kids and begin my new healthier chapter.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2014, 04:59 PM

My doctor sent me for MRI with and without contrast and came back positive.my surgery issues in 4 weeks.total hysterectomy because I also have endometriosis
Unread 04-07-2014, 10:14 PM

Mine was dx when I had a surgery to remove my left ovary and tube. I was woke up to...I know you had possible hopes of IVF one day, but you have diffused andenomyosis. I also found out I had PCOS and endometrious. When I had my hysterectomy, I had multiple fibroids, a doubled in size uterus, and adhessions every where..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia72 View Post
For years I told based on my symptoms I had adenomyosis. I had my hysterectomy on March 7th. Pathology report comes back normal "no adenomyosis". I am thankful, but I had all the symptoms. Heavy bleeding and the enlarged uterus the size of a woman who was about 16 weeks pregnant. Now I am home recovering. I am glad I won't be going through those problems anymore, but you can't help but wonder how accurate these diagnosis are.
I also had suspected adeno, and my path came back with nothing... BUT... I was in so much pain, each month worsening... Passing clots, my last cycle I thought I gave both to my uterus! Contractions that felt like labor, etc etc... I know I am not the only one that had the symptoms and had path come back negative. I have been told if they test one part of the uterus and it comes negative... You still could have the adeno in another part that wasn't tested. I also wonder the effects of how the hysterectomy was done has on the path. I had LAVH and understand that the uterus and tubes were removed with a morcelator.

I haven't read thru all the response but ladies know that if you are in so much pain that it has effected your quality of life, no matter what the path reports shows you are regaining a pain free life! I am still recovering but have my energy back... Although still tire more easily. I can't wait to fully heal and be able to enjoy life again!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register