Good to go- Dr's office called | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Good to go- Dr's office called Good to go- Dr's office called

Unread 09-05-2002, 03:53 AM
Good to go- Dr's office called

Good morning ladies.........I got that call we all wait for yesterday, Surgery plans go as scheduled. Of course the surgery will be on the 17 of Sept at 7:30am. This will be a LAVH- one thing the Dr didn't mention that she had was that due to major adhesions he may end up doing TAH, I wasn't aware of this possibility. I guess as in the past I will know by the pain level when I wake up in recovery-- Dull cramping or pain similar to being ran over by a mack truck. This is sounding like more fun all the time.....(sarcasm). She also stated that the insurance company has agreed to this procedure but will not ok the nurse coming to my home post-op. I am not happy with this news due to the mere fact this surgery is being done as outpatient and having a nurse come by the house 2 days post was a comforting thing for me.............now we have to air concerns via phone calls to the Dr's office- YEAH!!!!!!!My hubby is taking off from Tuesday the day of surgery until Monday the week after. I told the nurse of my troubles with lap gas and she reassured me the surgeon is very good about removing most of it himself. Hope so. For that reason only I would prefer an abdominal cause you can walk that gas off. That shoulder pain from lap gas is a killer. Anyone have any pointers on a LAVH- please send them my way as I am getting very nervous and cleaning like a frenzy to keep my mind on other things. Thanks- Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2002, 07:36 AM

Hi Julie,

Try not to worry that you may not have a visiting nurse. I think you'll be fine with your DH there to help. If you're like me, you might just want to be alone as you drift in and out of naps for the first week. That sleep is very, very good for the healing.

I did not have LAVH, but I know that the internal work is very similar to TAH... in that it is every bit as invasive inside, even though the outside won't have a big incision to be concerned with.

This means that all the rest and pampering applies to you, too -- LAVH gals tend to try and do more sooner, since there isn't the outside incision. I hope you don't fall into this 'trap' -- Easy Does It should be your motto.

We're with ya, hon' -- let us know how things progress for you as you make this journey!

s,
Unread 09-05-2002, 08:18 AM
Hellooooooo

Congrats on your date. Actually that will be my one year Hysterversary. It is a great surgery date in my opinion. I had a TAH and never needed alot of care once I was home. It went way better than I ever thought it would.

Take care and good luck

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2002, 08:31 AM

Hi Julie

I had LAVH and it went very well. I was worried about the gas pains also, but was told that my doctor was very good at getting the gas out----and it was true! I had very minimal shoulder pain the first day only. I'm sending my positive thoughts that it will be the same for you!

's and blessings.
Unread 09-05-2002, 10:52 AM

Thank you....thank you.......thank you!! All your replies have made me feel so supported and I appreciate all of you. I had my gall bladder removed via lap and I did fall into the trap with that one and paid a hefty price as far as adhesions and depression thinking I should be back to life within a week. I am more informed this time around and will obey my princess rules. Thank you- Julie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register