not going to do it | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

not going to do it not going to do it

Unread 05-27-2003, 11:15 AM
not going to do it

Hey Everyone,

I"m not sure why i'm posting this...I don't think I am going to go through with this. I have severe cervical dysplasia, inactive endometrium, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and chronic pelvic pain. But, I don't know if it is possible to make my uterus active again. My fiancee really really wants a baby, and I want to give him one. I think I should risk not having the surgery and see what the doc can do for us. I welcome any thoughts on this because i'm not sure what is the right thing to do.
Thanks!!

Nobody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2003, 11:28 AM
not going to do it

Hi there

Has your doctor spoken with you about your dysplasia? That is such a risky condition. My friend had her hysterectomy at age 19 because of stage III cervical dysplasia. The risk of cancer is so great that I think you should really talk long and hard with your doctor before deciding to cancel. Your dr can probably advise you better than anyone about your option to be able to carry a child in the future.

I can understand your desire to have a child of your own, but there are always other alternatives like adoption. Some women carry a baby in their uterus, but adoptive mothers carry their babies in their heart. I always felt that adoptive moms were so special and the babies they adopt are so truly loved and wanted. Its a beautiful thing and adoptive parents are true walking the earth around us . Its an option to consider. Im sure your fiance wants a healthy wife-to-be who will live a long time and that is probably more important to him than anything.

My thoughts are with you sweetie. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk or just need someone to listen.

Take care and a big
Unread 05-27-2003, 12:07 PM
Baby or Hysterectomy?

I can relate to your position. I have endometriosis and have been told for years that I would require a hysterectomy. I remarried last year to a man who wanted a child of his own (I have a son from a previous marriage.) I decided, like you, to continue in pain and see whether I could conceive. I really wanted to give him a child of his own.

We were successful and I got pregnant rather quickly (much to my surprise!) Our Daughter, Hailey was born December 20, 2002. She was a little early and I had a very complicated pregnancy and spent 3 months on bedrest, but she was well worth it all. She came 1 month early weighing a whopping 8 lbs. 9 oz.!

Although I would like more children, I can't stand the pain any longer. I have decided to get the hysterectomy now. I'm torn on my decision, but my body has been through so much. We have decided that if we later choose to have more children, we will adopt.

Your decision to try to get pregnant is one that only you can make. You have to follow your heart and realize that you may get dissapointed or you may be surprised, like I was.

I wish you all the best in your decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2003, 12:55 PM
not going to do it

Hi! It doesn't sounds like you are ready to make a decision about having a hyst yet. Take your time and explore your options with your gyn. There is a surgery where just the cervix is removed, if your dr thinks that's possible for you. If you examine all the alternatives and nothing works, then you will be more at peace about giving up your uterus. You are welcome to post over on the "Options and Alternatives" forum also. Best wishes in making your decision. s
Ruthie
Unread 05-27-2003, 08:10 PM
not going to do it

I was going through the same decision myself. My boyfriend and I discussed my options and knowing that he supports me through having a hyster makes it easier. I would have loved to carry his baby. But I have two children from a previous marriage but I could not bear the pain that came with both of them.

Trust your heart but also get your doctor's opinion as well.

Unread 05-27-2003, 09:03 PM
not going to do it

Oh honey, that is such a horrible choice, and I wish you didn't have to make it. Like the other ladies said, try every option first that you can. But do keep and eye on that dysplasia. But there are options that allow you to remove only that. I am not sure but it shouldn't affect your ability to have children. Ask your doctor and then ask some more. If you push they will help you find the solution that is right for you! Every woman is individual. And while the pain relief might be worth it for some, you have to live with your choice, so if at all possible take your time and be sure. Just don't take chances with your health.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! I hope that everything goes okay.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register