5 weeks post op and still very tired | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks post op and still very tired 5 weeks post op and still very tired

Unread 12-02-2005, 08:28 AM
5 weeks post op and still very tired

I just received the post regarding our expectations for 5th and 6th week. I am still exhausted. I do a little bit of light laundry, empty the dishwasher, have a shower and i'm so tired. I still have pain..but just need to take Advil. My bleeding is almost stopped. My post op appointment is next week. I have printed out all the questions. BUT...why am i so tired still. I did have the flu a week and a half ago. It lasted 9 days. That obviosly didn't help..but ..what do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2005, 08:42 AM

Hi Peace Lily!
You and I had surgery the same day! I am right there with you.....still soooo tired. I had to go back to work a week ago. Thank God I can take days off during the week!!! I also get very dizzy when I am up moving around too long. I think the flu probably set you back a little and your body is making up for lost time. Hang in there, the healing process is different for everyone!
Be encouraged!

winonawasabi
Unread 12-02-2005, 08:51 AM
thanks for the quick reply!

I had a feeling it might have been the flu that set me back. I can't believe you are back at work already. I am a Personal Support Worker. I do in-home respite care for elderly people. So ..it's a lot of lifting and i am off for 7 weeks ..thank goodness. If i had to start back next week i would be in big trouble. I would be sleeping more than my clients!! It's a good thing you can get days off. Take care of yourself. I am just this sleepy sleepy person. No energy. Christmas is frustrating. BUT ...my son and daughter have been helping a lot with that. The thought of walking into a mall is ...oh...no way!! Thanks for the kind words!! I feel better!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2005, 10:32 AM

Hi peace lily

No doubt the flu set you back....

I just came back from my gyne, with tiredness being one of my complaints. He sympathized but said "hormones". I takes a while for everything to settle after surgery plus the healing process is different for everyone.

I've found that my having low quality sleep just adds to the issue. My doc just prescribed a low dose sleeping pill to try. We're both reluctant to try any hormones due to the type of cancer I had, so I'm also dealing with vag issues and "power surges" along with the sleep stuff.

Keep resting up and hopefully you're fatigue will disappear soon.

Unread 12-02-2005, 10:50 AM
HI Spinflyer

Wow...you have gone through a lot. And you live in Oshawa...i grew up there. Moved to Ajax 20 years ago.
Anyway...i also have pre cancerous cells and can't take HRT. I still have my ovaries. I was put on a sleeping pill. I sleep 6 hours at the most at night and that's it.
SO...i stay up late so i'm not getting up at 3:00 in the morning. I'm awake for about 4 or 5 hours and i'm exhausted and go back to bed in the afternoon..which is going to be soon. SO..your gyne said it's hormones...i don't have a very good gynecologist. He doesn't like to have to explain anything. But next week when i see him I will have my list ready. I read that our hormones could really mess us up...but i thought because i still have my ovaries that i would be ok. I guess that would explain why i seem to cry very easy.
Thanks for the encouragement. Take care of yourself
Deb
Unread 12-03-2005, 09:37 AM

I've been tired the last few days...it was probably the mile walk I took a few days ago. Dr. was peeved with me when I told her that one!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register