new and very nervous - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new and very nervous new and very nervous

Unread 01-22-2004, 06:17 PM
new and very nervous

Wouldn't that be something!! From what I heard, she really loved it up there - she was the youngest, and her dad was a ship's captain during the summer, and the undertaker in the winter!

From your other post - the tall ceilings sound wonderful - bet you can get a really big Christmas tree in there!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2004, 10:55 AM
new and very nervous

Renee Marj,

Yes we usually have a nine foot tree- we go as a family and cut it. Speaking of ships captains- our house is an old merchants house, the merchants and captains were the best off of all people so this house is huge-3 stories, 9 bedrooms, tin ceilings- I rented here with 2 other teachers when I first came here. I loved the house and when it came up for sale my husband and I bought it. We close off the 3rd floor in the winter because this place is very expensive to heat!
It's been a lot of work to fix it up and there is a lot more to do but I still love it.

I believe my great-great grandfather was a ships captain from around St. Johns. Carter was the name.

I'm just about ready for the castle- I've been told that I will have to stay from 3 to 5 days so I'll want to wear my own nightclothes. I had pyjamas packed but have been thinking of the nurses having to check on me and thought the pants might be a prob. What do you think? Should I pack nightgowns instead?

Thanks for all your support.
Unread 01-25-2004, 11:37 AM
new and very nervous

Hi Sunrisenl

I had a tvh also and just wore hospital gowns. I had a cath and after they took it out, the ole bladder still wouldn't work, so they had to recath again. There would have been no way I could have worn pj's. In fact I never even wore undies the whole time I was there....seems everyone was sneaking a peek!!!

I also just wore their gowns and they got pretty messy. Glad it was their stuff and not mine.

Sounds like you're getting all prepared....s

Blessings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2004, 06:14 PM
new and very nervous

Hey,
Sounds like you are getting everything taken care of. I just wanted to tell you that I was ready to "fight" to stay awake during my upcoming (2/25) surgery. I don't want to be put to sleep because of the reactions after waking up. I had 3 c-sections so I feel like this won't be a whole lot different (pulling and tugging). I was amazed that the doctor was fine with just an epidural. I have talked with a few others that did this and most of them still slept through the procedure. They will give you a sedative with a epidural.

Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register